gluing PVC trim
I want to use PVC trim materials for a simple little outdoor decorative project. I want to glue up two pieces of the trim board to get the thickness I need and then plan to use normal woodworking tools for milling.  But what glue should I use to laminate pieces of PVC trim? Can I use the same PVC glue I'd use in plumbing? (if so, do I have to use the purple primer? I'd rather not since it always seems to get everywhere you don't want it.

thanks!
Clear glue and primer is readily available at least here.  I wouldn't use anything else.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Lowe's sells a clear waterproof construction adhesive which works great.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Believe it or not, super glue works great. We use 2P10, like this https://www.amazon.com/FastCap-80113-Pro...words=2p10

For face to face gluing, it works great, you don't need the activator but it helps.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I use the primer and glue sold by the vinyl boards.

Personally. I try not to design anything with it that needs glue. I like the stuff but it moves quite a bit with temperature change.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I use regular PVC plumbers glue ,no primer needed.
mike
Lowes sells a glue made by the PVC trim manufacturer.  I used that.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Use clear pvc glue and clear pvc primer.  If Lowes/Home depot doesn't have it a plumbing supply will.
thanks everyone! I wasn't aware you could get clear primer, that helps!
update (for anybody interested)
I couldn't find any clear primer.. The plumbing guy at HD insisted that clear "cleaner" is exactly the same thing and does the same job. I don't believe him.  Either way, I tried on some scrap pieces using nothing but the clear cement, and the result was just fine. I can't break it apart with a clamp and a hammer. 

of course for plumbing I'd not recommend avoiding the primer.. but for joining PVC trim pieces together for this little outdoor decorative thing it seemed to work just fine.