Hybrid Roubo getting there...
Hi Everyone,
Don't have much to post very often but did mention I was building a hybrid Roubo and was encouraged to post about it once nearing completion.
Well, got to start on the tail vices now but it's getting there.
Top is 75mm thick mahogany/maple - all recycled.
Picture with helper from yesterday evening!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hmm,
Not very slick with the photos!!!
Let's try again.

Attached Files Image(s)

Very nice!
Ag
Welcome to the forum.
1.  Good looking helper.
2.  Sharp looking bench.
3.  Great looking shop floor.
4.  The shop floor is toooooo clean!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thanks Bill,
Yes - helper is perfect. Love any time shared with him in the workshop.
Thanks for the kind comments on the tidiness - it was a total mess before we cleared up. Messy processes usually get taken outside. Thought I'd be OK using a router to fit the pattern maker clone - until my festool extractor died!!
Floor took a big dent as I dropped one of the top sections trying to move it - it's very heavy! I try to keep my workshop clean and tidy but I don't pamper it - see the photo (might fill this with epoxy)
Mark

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-11-2017, 10:02 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: Welcome to the forum.
1.  Good looking helper.
2.  Sharp looking bench.
3.  Great looking shop floor.
4.  The shop floor is toooooo clean!

Agreed all around.
Wow that looks incredible.

Amazing the damage done to the floor!
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
Yep - I suppose better the floor than the thing that fell on it. That's why I put a wood floor in - so that the things I inevitably drop don't get too damaged.

I had one half of the worktop balanced on the frame trying to turn it around and it slipped off. Was not happy but it's not drastic.

Have since taken off the handle from the vise to replace it with a cast-iron machine handle. Then it's onto the tail vises, then dis-assemble and re-finish.

Then it'll be too good to use. It's been a big project but as everything will ultimately belong to my helper (and his twin sister) I try to do things properly first time. (Though making this has taught me a lot and I'd do things a little differently next time).

Mark

p.s. Anyone going to the European Woodworking Show - if so, see you there!
New handle waiting to be machined to fit......

Attached Files Image(s)

And with the replacement handle fitted - this was a bit tricky.

Attached Files Image(s)