HANDTOOLS: Pristine Boxed Set of RJ Bits; Crisp #59 Doweling Jig
Well, today I was at an estate sale and amid all the stuff I wasn't even vaguely interested in were the only two tools in the whole sale, a virtually pristine set of #100 RJ bits in a very crisp box.  Full set, the majority of the shanks show no use at all, still crisp factory paint on them, and the others show very, very little use.  Zero apologies, it simply doesn't get any better than this for boxed RJ bits, virtually NOS.  The box itself, the hinges and latches are also in excellent shape.  This is one of the finest complete original sets I've found, the only other one comparable to it is my personal user set; it was bought, used very little, and sat around for a long time; collector quality stuff. There was also a crisp and apparently unused #59 doweling jig, in its original box, complete with all six collars, usually they are missing one or two (the loose twist bits in the box are free!). Here's some teaser pics, and a link to the flickr album with the balance of the pics:

[Image: 35667096814_b88a07fd12_b.jpg]

[Image: 36364961641_9d9ccd4555_b.jpg]

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...4943621883

Now, the RJ bits are the best I've come across in a long while, price them new at Tools for Working Wood and you will see the value (use the closeup feature in flickr to take a good look at them), I'm pricing this set, due to its condition, at $195, and that's less than $16 per bit on average for 13 bits.  The doweling jig, which I doubt has ever been used, is priced at $30; both plus shipping.  If you want them both, $225 and I'll ship for free.

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and PLEASE include your full shipping address so I can quote postage and print up mailing labels.  I don't have paypal, or any other EFT, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are ok.

Two very crisp items you will not regret buying.  Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Bits are sold, I didn't think it would take long.  Doweling jig still available.
I have both the set of RJ Bits and the Doweling Jig and while I would probably part with the bits, I would be very reluctant to part with the doweling jig. Both are offered at a more than fair price.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

(08-11-2017, 05:33 PM)GeorgeV Wrote: I have both the set of RJ Bits and the Doweling Jig and while I would probably part with the bits, I would be very reluctant to part with the doweling jig. Both are offered at a more than fair price.

Thanks, I try. For a hand tool shop, the doweling jig is very handy, and I doubt this one has ever been used. Stuff they don't make anymore.
Jig is sold. Thanks to all for looking.