Laguna Band Saw Blade Setup Question
I have a Laguna 14/12 band saw that I just installed a Laguna resaw king blade.   I did a test cut this morning and for some reason the blade seems like it catches with a loud bang.   Any of you folks have experience on what I need to do to fix this?   Thanks.
Couple of possibilities:
1.  The front blade guard may be too close in and you ran the blade into it.   Did you rotate the blade by hand BEFORE turning on the saw to check for clearance?
2.  Assuming #1 wasn't the problem, check the weld.  It should be smooth.  If it isn't the blade will wobble, although that won't usually cause a bang.
3.  Assuming the resaw king was shipped to you, you had to uncoil the blade.   Is there any chance you kinked it while uncoiling it?  A kink in the blade will cause a variety of unpleasant noises after it is installed.

These suggestions may seem simple and I'm not suggesting you're inexperienced.   I've made every single one of the mistakes I listed above and my employees occasionally make them.
FWIW based on "rave" reviews of these blades a friend bought one. It had a weld just smaller than Rhode Island. Ker WHAP, ker WHAP, ker WHAP it said.....
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Does your Laguna have the ceramic guides? If so, It's probably a weld issue. The set-up for the ceramic guides is very precise with little tolerance, Any excessive thickness in the weld will catch on the ceramic guides and make a loud bang, bang, bang, every time the weld passes the guides. I had one the did that. I chucked the blade and bought a new one. The problem went away. You might be able to work on the weld a little, but I'd be careful. Resewing requires a fair amount of tension the blade and a weakened weld could lead to a break.
Thanks for all the tips.   I have the ceramic guides.    I bought the blade trough woodcraft via amazon.    Life is to short and I want to focus on whats fun.   I cant find anything obvious in the blade or my setup.   No issues with any of the old blades just with the new one so I have requested a refund..

Dennis