If I ever get a new Table Saw it will be like the ones
(08-28-2017, 11:43 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Goodness  It must be nice to have that kind of money.
Yes   What you spent on the say is now 5 months of pay for me from the VA.

The calculations change when "playing for pay". Being able to cut 10 very accurate plywood panels in the time it would take to cut 3 or 4 on a conventional table saw equals $$$. Plus having a scoring blade has to be a benefit when dealing with high $ plywood. I've never used or even seen a slider in use but it seems like a very good way to square up one edge of a board. Forget fences.
(08-28-2017, 11:43 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Goodness  It must be nice to have that kind of money.
Yes   What you spent on the say is now 5 months of pay for me from the VA.

Thank you for the reply, Arlin.

Am truly honored to be communicating with you.

To reply to your comment, I was not only a master craftsman but a business manager.

Financing those purchases at the time allowed paying off the loan within a year, and thus a good investment.

Another double win situation.

Winkgrin
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink
(09-03-2017, 04:25 PM)FloridaRetiree Wrote: Thank you for the reply, Arlin.

Am truly honored to be communicating with you.

To reply to your comment, I was not only a master craftsman but a business manager.

Financing those purchases at the time allowed paying off the loan within a year, and thus a good investment.

Another double win situation.

Winkgrin

So glad you made it good in life.  Means you are a good worker with a thinking head on your shoulders.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Here is a video of the smallest Hammer K3 in action. Note how it is used for ripping and cross cutting ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb1N5oxekyo

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Thanks for the link, Derek.

Am always interested in seeing how craftsmen in other areas with their different tools and machinery solve common issues.

CHEERS!
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink
I sold a Sawstop ICS and moved to a Felder 700 series slider.  I would never go back.  I did make the shop tighter but it's a tradeoff I would happily make again.  Youtube has a guy named Steve who has posted a series of how to use a slider.  Some good entry level stuff to help you see how to get the most from a slider.