Struggling to replace MM-16 table
Hi all.

I removed the table (trunnions attached) from my MM-16 before a move. I'm struggling to bolt it on without any help. Just me. It's a bear to maneuver into place, especially since you have to lift it a little once it straddles the saw. Any suggestions or voices of experience? 

Thanks!

Aram
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
If you are in se Wisconsin I'd come and help.

Otherwise would it be possible to prop it up with strategically placed saw horses and supports spanning them?
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
(08-14-2017, 08:36 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: If you are in se Wisconsin I'd come and help.

Otherwise would it be possible to prop it up with strategically placed saw horses and supports spanning them?
Heh, my daughter goes to college in Madison, but I'm in the PNW. Thanks though!

Yeah, might have to. And use wedges to lever it up and down bit by bit. Kind of a PITA though, so I'll wait in case someone has a genius idea.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

rig some type of hanging support to reduce chances of something dropping.  Clamps and something to hang from.   could that little bit of lift come from shims?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(08-14-2017, 10:21 PM)Bob10 Wrote: rig some type of hanging support to reduce chances of something dropping.  Clamps and something to hang from.   could that little bit of lift come from shims?

Good idea. Maybe compression straps around the top of the saw and under the table, would probably be cheap insurance. As for shims, I considered it but I don't see an easy way. They could get jammed underneath, then I have to reverse the whole thing and off I go again!
Best,
Aram, always learning

know anyone who has a glass suction cup? or even stone counter top cups 

that would make it hang then it is easy to mount 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(08-14-2017, 11:32 PM)JGrout Wrote: know anyone who has a glass suction cup? or even stone counter top cups 

that would make it hang then it is easy to mount 

Joe

Hanging it from the top would give me a heart attack! 
Crazy But probably a good idea. I didn't know those existed. Probably a long shot finding some, but worth asking around, thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

Never done it before on a bandsaw table, but an engine hoist with nylon straps seems like it would do the job nicely. I bought one from Pep Boys years ago (the red one) and have used it in the shop many times. Folds up for easy storage when not in use. Harbor Freight might also sell one.

Doug
(08-14-2017, 11:51 PM)Tapper Wrote: Never done it before on a bandsaw table, but an engine hoist with nylon straps seems like it would do the job nicely. I bought one from Pep Boys years ago (the red one) and have used it in the shop many times. Folds up for easy storage when not in use. Harbor Freight might also sell one.

Doug

I wonder how well that works around the upper wheel housing. 

not very is my conclusion
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Is there a I beam above somewhere you could rig off of or even large C clamps off of rafters if large enough for weight along with temporary braces if necessary.   Use a hoist or a set of blocks to lift it with.  Wouldn't think it was too heavy to do this way.   Roly