Please recommend a solid deck stain
I want to use a solid deck stain on the pressure treated T&G flooring of our covered porch.  There's currently no finish on the flooring and most of the flooring is over 2 years old so I'm pretty sure it's OK to topcoat.  What solid deck stain would you recommend?

We are selling the house so it doesn't have to be the world's best stain but at least good enough to show.

Thanks,
Paul
[Image: b259f384-360b-4a42-a62b-8ecfe28b70e6_1000.jpg]
chris
My opinion....don't use solid. Use a transparent stain. Will still look fresh and nice but will give new owner options. If you go solid, they are stuck with that forever. Having said that, we used Pittsburgh's best solid stain on the deck and it went on well and looks good....for now. I'm sure it will peel in a few years, but this is a 20+ year old deck.
(08-17-2017, 08:25 AM)JosephP Wrote: My opinion....don't use solid.  Use a transparent stain.  Will still look fresh and nice but will give new owner options.  If you go solid, they are stuck with that forever.  Having said that, we used Pittsburgh's best solid stain on the deck and it went on well and looks good....for now.  I'm sure it will peel in a few years, but this is a 20+ year old deck.

The reason I'm not going clear is because I patched the porch entryway with new decking last year.  The decking that flanks this section is in good shape but is now 20 years old.  As you can imagine, the color contrast is pretty stark.  Although I don't mind it, I don't want potential buyers asking "Why didn't they do the rest?" (didn't see the need and didn't have the time or money) or "What's wrong under this new section?" (absolutely nothing).

I'm not covering up any defects, just don't want to bring attention to the contrast.
Makes sense.