Jet JWS-22CS
I am considering the Jet JWS-22CS Shaper / Router with 1.5hp motor, 7000 to 9000 rpm.  I was wondering if this Shaper motor is stronger than the hand held Router like the PC890?  I can buy this Shaper at a good price, its in new condition or should I just buy a Router table and lift?
http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/jws-22cs...dle/708320

I appreciate your input.

Thanks!
Ed
Yes that induction motor and the spindle it is belted to has more chip removing potential than a pc890. It will spin the router bits 2-3x slower than they were intended so know that going in. It will also spin shaper cutters that an 890 would never dream of. That machine is not better than all router tables or much of a shaper but it will get you started doing both. You may end up selling it and having more work specific purposeful machines of each type. I believe other router tables have far superior work table and fence areas and better dust collection if built correctly. Also a 3hp next jump up in shaper is a lot more machine and capacity and work area.

If it is cheap and you have nothing i bet it will flip for the same used if the deal is right.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.