Cutting Board feet
Some time ago, more then a year, someone posted rubber feet that had a plug that fit snugly into a hole. Simple drill a hole on the underside, and insert the feet. Anyone remember them or know where I can find them?
John are you thinking for like a cutting board bottom, or bigger?

All I have ever seen are the ones that screw into the center of the bumper

I hope someone shows what you are thinking of, might be nice to know of in a must be dry application, I know those screws will rust even on quick wash off dunks in the sink to clean a cutting board, seems they never get dried. I have just been using those Fascap stick on bumpers, but they will come loose after a great deal of play.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
For cutting board feets.  They work good in house, and all around the world.  Been in use for years, and years.  Boards stay in place on the counter.  These feets will enhance the feel of using an end grain board.

Big Grin

Cheeeeep tooo. 3 bux for 8, won't break the bank. I'm thinking cutting board, so that is 2 boards worth.

Heck I was close, just picked the Rockler linkie because it was the first good pic that popped up on Google search. Looking for what I used to use. A solid bumper with a screwed in center.

Thanks Ron, and thanks John for asking.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
this one threw me and I admit it really had me going

why would cutting board feet of lumber be different than 

Cutting board feet for a cutting board 

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

otherwise I shall defer to the other esteemed posters they seem to have the issue at hand under control
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(08-16-2017, 08:43 PM)ronlaughlin Wrote: For cutting board feets.  They work good in house, and all around the world.  Been in use for years, and years.  Boards stay in place on the counter.  These feets will enhance the feel of using an end grain board.

Big Grin

YES! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. Ordering a bunch now.
(08-16-2017, 08:43 PM)ronlaughlin Wrote: For cutting board feets.  They work good in house, and all around the world.  Been in use for years, and years.  Boards stay in place on the counter.  These feets will enhance the feel of using an end grain board.

Big Grin

Great post. 

Never knew about them.

Need a dozen and will order soon as I finish typing here.

Again, thank you!
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink
The feet came in and I was surprised with how small they were. I was expecting them to be a little bigger. Drill a 3/16 hole and they push in snugly. Actually the size ends up working out well. I will upload some pics tonight when I get home. This board is for a nephew in Alaska. I think I will need to send a few extra feet in case any get sheared off.
(08-23-2017, 12:06 PM)Scoony Wrote: The feet came in and I was surprised with how small they were. I was expecting them to be a little bigger. Drill a 3/16 hole and they push in snugly. Actually the size ends up working out well. I will upload some pics tonight when I get home. This board is for a nephew in Alaska. I think I will need to send a few extra feet in case any get sheared off.

They are surprisingly durable, I have been using them for several years with no failures. I find them the best way to go.
The Rockler soft stem bumpers are what I always use for light duty feet. I've never had one fail in more than ten years, they are easy to install, can be removed and re-installed at will without ruining anything, and are far more impervious to washing and cleaning than your cutting board will be.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.