Hardwood Lumber supplier near Brunswick, GA
I'm new to the Brunswick, GA area, and I'm looking for a supplier of hardwood lumber for furniture making.  Can anyone help me with this?  I will drive 1 hour south to Jacksonville, FL or 1 hour north to Savannah, GA if necessary.  Thank you.
In Jax I use either A&M Supply or Florida Southern Plywood.  A&M is generally limited to poplar, cherry, oak but their prices are good.  FSP has a bigger selection and can special order lumber.

Hood Distribution requires minimum orders and you can't select wood so I don't use them.  

You will find many suppliers cater to millwork/cabinet shops.  The lumber is all S3S.  My experience is kind of so-so on finding furniture grade lumber.

If looking for walnut, QSWO, cherry, etc, I prefer to buy direct from a sawmill.  There are a few around the GA/SC area you have to look on Craigslist and be willing to drive.  There is really good lumber up in NC.  I've bought from Steve Wall he has a tremendous selection.

Doing this for several years, I've resigned myself that I have to be willing to drive to find the lumber I want.  My last "lumber run" was a 9 hour drive one way to NC.  But if I find the lumber I want its worth it to me.  For example, 8 high figure 6/4 X 12" wide walnut boards for $200 was worth it.
Thanks for the detailed reply.  Really appreciate it.