Anyone purchase wood from 'wooddork123' ?
+1 to charlesinsea
Mine was label printed on 8-7, arrived at FedEx facility on 8-8 and delivered on 8-12. Missing a little zebrawood and the bloodwood, PM and e-mail sent on 8-14 but no response yet. The I got 2/3 of what I bought--so not a total loss but still would like to be whole. Hope all is well with seller and his family--would rather have some mismanagement than tragedy.

earl
I have been saved by paypal in a few transactions and couple that were more than two thousand dollars. Stuff happens in freight shipping. Freight companies as well as ups and fedex all settle with the shipper by default. Paypal ensures you get what you bought in the condition you buy it in regardless if the seller says they dont take returns etc. Just be smart and cover yourself. As for friends here i ensure they get what we agree on or more as well. I cover the fees if i wish so it is the same return as f&f but i am also covering myself in case a situation arises. Many of my purchases are much more than a woodcraft friendly visit exchange. I know this and need to be smart about what i am doing as a dont have business insurance for situations.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

What I'm most surprised about is the seller has over 500 posts - usually that isn't the type of person who is going to take the money and run. I bet he's on vacation or has some family or work emergency or something.

Edit: just noticed he was active 7 hours ago.
Swapped a few e-mails with Andy (Wooddork123) last night, and a pm with DCM--I think it's a case of wrong labels on boxes, and that I have DCM's wood. I think Andy has been in touch with whoever got my box and is arranging its shipment. I got home Sunday night, opened the box and knew I was missing zebra--never even really looked at what was there, which was not bubinga. Had to work Monday then back on the road that night. So...if i'd have been paying attention at the start, we could have started on the correction sooner.

Working it out!!
earl
I'm glad it's being resolved. I think the main lesson to be learned here is to be straight up when using PayPal. If you're buying something don't use F&F.
(08-17-2017, 03:23 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Another reminder to avoid friends and family payments for goods purchased. Cover the fees yourself if you must.

I would say it depends on how much he has sold before and how people trust the seller.

To me I give the option to those who buy from me, but then people here trust me even if I might get it out late but I will tell them if it will be late.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
1st off, never thought I was being taken - wooddork made sure I knew there was a small check in the bd & that I was on with that.
But you never know when someone might get run over by a buss.
Just a mix up with shipping and will be corrected.
Thanks for the assistance, advise and understanding...
Lesson learned .
Happy woodworking
David

Cool
Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Most times when i have needed paypal its not because the seller was a bad person. But the guarantee is that you receive a product in a condition you bought it in. Most sellers think i shipped the product, its not my problem any more, and that is not true.

Only difference is when i arrange for a product to be delivered to me and i originate the pickup, then the shipping co settles with me.

No matter who or how many posts or how much you think you know someone, you do f&f you gave money away with no recorse if you are not happy later as far as pp is concerned. Your risk.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.