Iron for an Ohio Tool #O 8
I have an O 8 jointer plane.  A previous owner replaced the original iron with a Stanley.  I couldn't figure out why the blade would rock slightly when it was placed on the frog, with the chip breaker installed.  I finally realized that the pin that attaches the lateral adjustment lever protruded slightly above the blade and when the chip breaker was installed, wouldn't allow the iron to rest flat against the frog.

It's my understanding that Ohio Tool planes used a thicker iron than Stanley and they were even tapered.  I'm presuming this is my problem, the Stanley iron currently on the plane is too thin. 

Does anyone know of a source for either original Ohio Tool plane irons or if an aftermarket iron like Hock would fit this plane?  I looked on the Hock website and didn't find anything definitive there.  I probably need to take some measurements, but just wondered if anyone knew from first hand experience if it would fit.

Thanks
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I have an Ohio Tool Co. 0-7.....has the Globe logo on the blade....no taper.   While waiting on the iron to be repaired, I did use a Stanley iron....no issues.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I have a tapered Ohio Tool blade from an 07 that measures approx. 1/8" thick in the area where the tab comes through. The Stanley blades measure about .080" I believe. So, if you can find a 1/8" after-market blade you should be in good shape. Lee Valley replacement blades measure 0.100" so maybe they would work? I would call Ron Hock.

Make sure the blade isn't too thick or the tab won't reach the slot in the cap iron at all.