North Carolina home Christmas auction bidders
I won the auction for a week in Bones' house in Highlands NC.  I need to get in touch with the person that had the high bid before mine.  If you are that person, please PM me.  If you know that person, please notify him so we can get in touch.  Thanks.  I know this is probably in the wrong forum, but I also know that this is the most likely forum for success.
Cross post in the basement.  Bones hangs out there, he will know.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I talked to Bones already.
(08-18-2017, 01:11 PM)humanrace Wrote: I won the auction for a week in Bones' house in Highlands NC.  I need to get in touch with the person that had the high bid before mine.  If you are that person, please PM me.  If you know that person, please notify him so we can get in touch.  Thanks.  I know this is probably in the wrong forum, but I also know that this is the most likely forum for success.

In last years auction I won a week at Bones joint. LOML and I have not been able to come up with a time to go as of yet, does this somehow effect your week?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
No, I want to give it to the next highest bidder.  It's a beautiful place in the mountains of North Carolina.  I have the time, the inclination and the resources to go as I did last year.  I have won the bid 2 years in a row.  My wife and I had planned to take my 94 year old mother in law, but her health has declined substantially and since she lives with us, we will not be able to take her or to go ourselves.  I believe I outbid an $800 bid, so this would be an opportunity for that bidder to get an $800 vacation for free.  Christmas spirit, you know.
Smile
I am so sorry about your Mother in Law and glad you are taking care of her.

Also nice of you to donate it to someone else.

Thank you
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Gotcha. I believe he had 2 auctions, you were looking into who you outbid. I don't know if Mike (Patsfan) maintains those threads, or if he returns them to admin to keep track of, but I would surmise one of the two can let you know who was #2 below you. Beside Admin, I'd PM Patsfan too.

Just as the auction itself is all about giving, your action here is of the same spirit, good on you, and prayers your MIL does well.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(08-19-2017, 10:50 AM)humanrace Wrote: No, I want to give it to the next highest bidder.  It's a beautiful place in the mountains of North Carolina.  I have the time, the inclination and the resources to go as I did last year.  I have won the bid 2 years in a row.  My wife and I had planned to take my 94 year old mother in law, but her health has declined substantially and since she lives with us, we will not be able to take her or to go ourselves.  I believe I outbid an $800 bid, so this would be an opportunity for that bidder to get an $800 vacation for free.  Christmas spirit, you know.
Smile

Very generous of you. I hope that your MIL's health improves.

It looks like you won the "ANOTHER WEEK IN THE CHALET???? ASTOUNDING!!!!" auction.

You had the winning bid at $800. It appears that closed_for_business agreed to wave the 7-day rule for you to win.

My pdf printer had some problems with that thread, but I believe that closed_for_business is the member that you are looking for.

LOML and I got back from the chalet last Tuesday. We had family converge there from FL and VA. We had a great time at the chalet and in the area. The Dragon's Tail in a minivan, I could have done without. Dry Falls was great. Glen Falls whooped my (and my BIL's) hiney. After ~1/3 of the way, we let the youngsters go ahead and we slowly climbed the stairs back to the parking area. The Great Smoky Mountain Railroad was fun. Willy's BBQ in Franklin was excellent. Ugly Dog Pub in Highlands was also excellent.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.