Hollows and Rounds
I recently got several unusual hollow and round molding planes as part of a group of tools. I am guessing they are European but am not sure of the age and if this is a common design there. The planes look like beech but are quite dark. They are 10⅞" long and the wedge is taller and shaped differently than usual. There is a recess on top in front of the wedge and there are three gouge marks on the sides at the front. The iron is marked Wilhelm Durholz and there is a small stamp that looks like a crown on the end. Let me know if anyone knows anything about these planes. Thanks, Tom
[Image: 36408755522_cfbeb6c480_c.jpg]
1) Looks user made out of something other than beech.  Or at least not quartered beech.

2) This will get more replies if moved to the Hand Tools section instead of Power Tools.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Sorry. I meant to post this in Hand Tools. I'm not sure how to move it.
Send a note to admin, and see if they can help with that. Bottom, very left side of the page, "contact us"
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
This design is usually Dutch. With a crown, I don't think it's user-made. There's a Dutch plane book, if you post more pics of the markings then I can relay on to those who have the Dutch book.
Freelance Animator & Motion Artist, JQuack Design
Quackenbush Woodworks
(08-18-2017, 07:59 PM)Tom Wiarda Wrote: Sorry. I meant to post this in Hand Tools. I'm not sure how to move it.

Just repost in Hand Tools.
Big Grin

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
more likely German made planes. Wilhelm Durholz is a German name

name: 
Wilhelm Durholz
Birth: 
dd mm 1770 - Germany
Death: 
date
Marriage: