Tool Belt ?
Up on the ladders and scaffolding i use the toughbuilt cliptech system. I keep clips on tool bags strapped to the bars. When i climb up I can remove the bags from my belt and attach the hardware and tool bags to those bags. The clips fit most any belt and the have padded belts and suspenders that they sell as well.

Here is a stock photo of how the clips work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

There are a ton of styles of bags to choose from. Plumbing, electrical, framer, drill, impact, ......

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I went thru the same process starting with a full carpenters pouches.  Then I realized I really only need to carry a tape measure, a square, a dust collector remote control, and a pencil in the shop.  everything else I'm only a couple of steps away from.  I didn't want or need to carry a couple of pounds of fasteners, hammers, etc.  I ditched the carpenters belt and went to a bucket boss apron.  It works for me.
No a/c in my shop so I just use a pocket protector. It hold pencils and my 6" ruler. In the summer I don't stab myself with sharp points (I have  an electric pencil sharpener and always have good points on my pencils) and in the winter the pencils don't get caught up in my flannel shirts. I have my 15' ruler on my belt and it's all I need. Most of my other tools are within an arms length so that's all I need to carry.
No. I only do that when I'm drunk. : )
(08-20-2017, 08:16 PM)Wood Wrote: I went thru the same process starting with a full carpenters pouches.  Then I realized I really only need to carry a tape measure, a square, a dust collector remote control, and a pencil in the shop.  everything else I'm only a couple of steps away from.  I didn't want or need to carry a couple of pounds of fasteners, hammers, etc.  I ditched the carpenters belt and went to a bucket boss apron.  It works for me.

As mentioned in my original post, I too have the bucket boss apron but it gets to hot in the summer. Especially in hot humid days. The problem with "everything else I'm only a couple of steps away". Finding them is the challenge.
Big Grin
Jim
(08-21-2017, 05:30 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: As mentioned in my original post, I too have the bucket boss apron but it gets to hot in the summer. Especially in hot humid days. 

You mentioned you have a Bucket Boss bib/apron. What you need is a Bucket Boss waist apron for the summer.

https://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Boss-80100...boss+apron
I no longer have it and gave it to my son in law but I had an old complete leather one and when I first bought it back in 1974.  The high school used a local Techschool for all the trades for us.  They would buy the land and materials and us kids would build the house from the ground up.  When I first got it I drove over it many times since it was very stiff and moved it many different ways and it got broke in very fast that way.

I seen that ACE Hardware had some last year so I would say google it and you will find one.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(08-21-2017, 12:09 PM)Lynden Wrote: You mentioned you have a Bucket Boss bib/apron. What you need is a Bucket Boss waist apron for the summer.

https://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Boss-80100...boss+apron

I have the same listening (& reading) ability of a teenager. I saw "Bucket Boss" and tuned out. Great idea. Thanks
Jim
Here is how I cut down running around looking for a tape measure. There is slot for your belt loop so you don't have to chase it around your waist. A while back I added a loop for a Veritas Saddle square.
Bill
(08-23-2017, 10:29 PM)GEB Wrote: Here is how I cut down running around looking for a tape measure. There is slot for your belt loop so you don't have to chase it around your waist. A while back I added a loop for a Veritas Saddle square.
Bill
Bill;

C
Good idea, but if I'm not wearing a tool belt or apron I just clip the measuring tape on my right pants pocket.

Jim
Jim