What size Key Hole saw
To insert a 4 3/8 electrical circular junction box. I measure 4 1/8. Is this the right size?
I don't care to keep buying large saws I probably won't ever use.
Jim
Why buy any saw? Use a zip bit, that will work for round or square or whatever size or shape you run up against.
(08-21-2017, 04:14 PM)jasfrank Wrote: Why buy any saw? Use a zip bit, that will work for round or square or whatever size or shape you run up against.

I need precise cuts in 1/2 ply
Jim
(08-21-2017, 04:25 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I need precise cuts in 1/2 ply

25 bucks (on sale) will get you a Harbor Freight multi-tool.  That's become my go-to for jobs like this.  A jigsaw will do a more accurate job than a keyhole saw, and be faster.
Oh, and I was thinking sheetrock around a junction box. A zip saw wouldn't do too well on plywood.

All I could recommend would be to trust your tape measure and get a quality hole saw. Cheaper ones will wobble and create an oversized hole.
You obviously don't know the difference between a key hole saw & a hole saw.
How many holes are you cutting? Are they overhead or on a pair of sawhorses? The reason that I ask is because there a few options on how to do this, depends on where the cut is, in the air or on the ground.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
LOL @ Herby. Why don't you get right up there and explain it all big guy?
I mark the surface using the box and drill two 3/8" holes then cut with a jigsaw for ply.

A keyhole saw works ok for drywall.
The story goes that in the late 1800's the farmer had locked himself in the bathroom while working in there, but the wife had the key, so he modified his handsaw to cut a small hole in the wall the shape of the key so she could pass the skeleton key to him. Thus, the keyhole saw was born.

Sleep

Reference; B&S Encyclopedia.