Sink top cutting board
I just finished up a new sink top cutting board for my brother and his girlfriend.
They recently remodeled the kitchen with new sink.  The one I made for them for their existing sink a year ago does not fit the new sink.  The last one I made was end grain and it didn’t fair too well.  Even with being mineral oiled it still ended up bowing due to dampness wicking from underneath.

This time I made it long grain on edge. It’s a total of 9 pieces.  I used the water activated Gorilla glue on this one.  It’s made out of hard maple with walnut accents, 1 3/8” thick 8” by 17”. It will be interesting to see how this one does.  I will also put feet on it so it can be used on the counter top as well.

Thanks for looking…

[Image: 36674896596_d40394e04a_z.jpg]
[Image: 35912007613_85b5b98c1b_z.jpg]
[Image: 36674890066_720405362a_z.jpg]
Very cool. I was afraid there would be too much walnut but the accent stripes are perfect. Overall a very nice job.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(08-21-2017, 05:56 PM)museumguy Wrote: Very cool. I was afraid there would be too much walnut but the accent stripes are perfect. Overall a very nice job.

Took the mouth out of my words.

Big Grin
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink
That's really nice.  I take it there is room on front and back to push scraps into the sink?
(08-22-2017, 09:35 AM)EricU Wrote: That's really nice.  I take it there is room on front and back to push scraps into the sink?

The scraps go through the hole, the board covers the entire sink opening.
I'll post pictures when they get it this week and send me pictures.
Finally got a picture of the cutting board installed.
My brother's GF said it fits perfectly.
[Image: 36342342173_44fdd254be_c.jpg]