New tool for electrical PSA
I have seen more than a few posts with people talking about working in panels and being afraid of it.  This might be of help to some of you

http://www.voltclaw.com/
[Image: voltclaw-12.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

That's pretty clever. Kind of surprised there hasn't already been a tool like it available. I do get bit now and then.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I'm still waiting for carbon fiber plastic needle nose pliers. Strong enough to work with but not big and bulky.
It looks like a neat little tool that could help in certain situations but the fact you are working in a hot panel or with hot wires  the chance for arc or blow back is still there and no tool is protecting you from that. Work safe.
John T.
Cheap enough. Might be handy for stuffing wires back in crowded boxes. I've got a house full of those.
chris
(08-25-2017, 08:55 AM)doobes Wrote: Cheap enough.  Might be handy for stuffing wires back in crowded boxes.  I've got a house full of those.

We used sticks with notches cut in them to reach wires way in the back where your hand would not fit.       Dado look up fiberglass pliers, many out there.   Carbon fiber is conductive.   Roly
(08-25-2017, 08:46 AM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: It looks like a neat little tool that could help in certain situations but the fact you are working in a hot panel or with hot wires  the chance for arc or blow back is still there and no tool is protecting you from that. Work safe.

Sorry if it seemed I suggested this was a cure all.  I see a panel as a mine field and this tool something that leaves a smaller footprint.  You can still get blown to hell this just reduces the chances compared to something made of metal
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(08-25-2017, 10:04 AM)Bob10 Wrote: Sorry if it seemed I suggested this was a cure all.  I see a panel as a mine field and this tool something that leaves a smaller footprint.  You can still get blown to hell this just reduces the chances compared to something made of metal

Love how you took just my reply and tore it apart. Thanks. I stated my opinion. I could care less if people bought it or not. Take it for what it is worth. Just be careful that is all my point was.........................
John T.
(08-25-2017, 09:15 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Love how you took just my reply and tore it apart. Thanks. I stated my opinion. I could care less if people bought it or not. Take it for what it is worth. Just be careful that is all my point was.........................

It wasn't intended just thought it through and came to the conclusion you were right because many might take this as a cure all.

Phil Thien

According to OSHA you can't work anything hot [one exception] but those fatherless children just sit behind a desk and have never done work.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.