Hand Cut Dovetails
In a couple of videos I have seen, people put their boards in a vice to cut the pins & tails.
What do you do if the board is 5 or 6 feet long - that is way too long to put in a vice to work on.
Thanks for any help,
Dick
(08-25-2017, 01:35 PM)powersricharda@att.net Wrote: In a couple of videos I have seen, people put their boards in a vice to cut the pins & tails.
What do you do if the board is 5 or 6 feet long?
Thanks for any help,
Dick

I would stand on the bench.
(08-25-2017, 01:35 PM)powersricharda@att.net Wrote: In a couple of videos I have seen, people put their boards in a vice to cut the pins & tails.
What do you do if the board is 5 or 6 feet long?
Thanks for any help,
Dick

Not sure about everyone, but I put it flat on my bench, and dog it down. Puts saw cuts at a different perspective, but I already chop my waste that way, so it ends up having less board moving around activity.

I usually don't comment about names, but just want you to know if that is your real e-mail addy you are using as a name every BOT in the known universe is collecting it, so it's possible your SPAM folder is about to double X 10,234,364 times in size.

On forums, and anyplace else unless it's a line that specifically asks for your addy I see a lot of people put powersricharda AT att DOT net. For a forum name I'd suggest Richard Powers, if there is another one here I've never seen them post. If it's not a real e-mail address>>>>>>>>>

GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Oh, and welcome to the forum
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(08-25-2017, 01:43 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: I would stand on the bench.

Me to.
Jim
What do you do if the board is 5 or 6 feet long - that is way too long to put in a vice to work on.
Thanks for any help,
Dick

This is when it is nice to have a Moxon Vice.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green