Brace Riot; MF#8 in Box;Yankee;Starrett; Buck
(08-27-2017, 02:19 PM)Admiral Wrote: I'll link you to an album for pics, but here's a few to get your attention:

[Image: 36451347050_dfac151c26_b.jpg]
[Image: 36451352130_362a0b4007_b.jpg]
[Image: 36708443291_84f9989fed_b.jpg]

OK, first up is a Millers Falls #8 (Stanley #3 size) smoother; in the box, perhaps it was used once, iron is still factory square; one apology, where it sat in the box for a long time it has some small area of rust on the cheek at the heel of the plane, closeup pic in album linked below. Sole is excellent.  Wood almost pristine, one little, and I mean little, bump. Other than that, you can't find much better out there, so you MF fans who always wanted a new plane, for use or for your collection, here's your chance, a real peach, $60 plus shipping.

Next is the Brace Riot (I was reading a news article about the Russian counterculture all girl band P*ssy Riot, so I figured why not Braces??), anyway, in this pic, from left to right, is a uncommon 6" throw MF #14, I love these 6" throw braces for screwdriving, I don't find very many at all so they are few and far between; quality ball bearing top knob and all rosewood is in good shape; nickle loss, but chuck works as it should, yours for $35 plus shipping; next are two MF #33 8" braces, again a good size for precise work when you don't need the torque of a 10" or 12", bearings in top knob and all rosewood in good shape, these ratchet and have the enclosed ratchet, both work like they should and are in nice condition, take your pick for $25 plus shipping; next to the right is a Stanley Yankee 2101A 10" brace, nickle loss and its been used all its life, but built like a tank, best brace ever made bar none, works like it should, yours for $55 plus shipping; last is a Millers Falls #321 12" throw brace, works like it should, take it for $20 plus shipping; more pics of the braces in the album linked below.
[Image: 36708438291_881ea32462_b.jpg]

Next are two Buck Bros. gouges, 1" and 3/4" size, both need sharpening work, but are in otherwise excellent shape for their age, sold as a pair only, take 'em for $22 plus shipping.

Next is a Stanley Yankee 135A push driver, paint is buggered a bit on the handle, but otherwise excellent condition, and has the elusive phillips head driver bit in it, yours for $20 plus shipping.

Finally, I picked up this Starrett 12" combination square, which was seized when I bought it, thinking I'd just salvage the head as the scale looked pretty bad from sitting around in damp conditions; but when I got it into the shop, it actually cleaned up sort of ok, the 1/8 and 1/16th side is very readable, the opposite side has some significant rust pits, but darn if it isn't as square as the day it was made, and will be usable on the one side, so I'm pricing it valued on the head only, yours for $18 plus shipping.

Here's a link to the Flickr album:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...8174863025

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority; now, I don't have Paypal or any other EFT, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are ok, and Please include your full shipping address so I can print up mailing labels and quote shipping.

All user quality tools that I would own, priced reasonably.  Thanks for looking
I have a MF #8 in almost mint condition, but no box
Crazy ...They are SWEET little planes..I prefer it over any Stanley I have ever had ....it is a joy to use!!!!
Yes
Yes
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Me too, Jack. That's why Rich's plane is already at my house. I'm still searching for a Buck Rogers plane.
Yup, that plane is a peach.

Oh, 2101 and two 8" throw braces still available.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(09-24-2017, 03:07 PM)Admiral Wrote: Yup, that plane is a peach.

Oh, 2101 and two 8" throw braces still available.

2101 Yankee is sold. The two MF #33 8" throws are still available, now at $20 each plus shipping.
(09-26-2017, 07:37 PM)Admiral Wrote: 2101 Yankee is sold. The two MF #33 8" throws are still available, now at $20 each plus shipping.

One MF brace is sold, one available.