Jorgensen Cabinet Master Help
So I just read that the Adj Clamp Co is now closed and Jorgensen closed with them.

I LOVED those cabinet masters except for one thing...  They would often "lock" in when the clamps were fully closed and they were difficult to get to open up again.

I'm pulled a few out of storage for a small home project yesterday and one of them is locked and I can't seem to get it to open up.

Anyone have any pointers on how to get this thing to open up again?

Thanks
Joe
Slow Dancing..... doing vertically what you're wanting to do horizontally
I have the same problem sometimes with my Bessie clamps. I would get a soft wood scrap and politely beat the tar out of the end and handle. It should knock something loose. Good luck.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
(08-28-2017, 01:40 PM)woodtoolgy Wrote: So I just read that the Adj Clamp Co is now closed and Jorgensen closed with them.

I LOVED those cabinet masters except for one thing...  They would often "lock" in when the clamps were fully closed and they were difficult to get to open up again.

I'm pulled a few out of storage for a small home project yesterday and one of them is locked and I can't seem to get it to open up.

Anyone have any pointers on how to get this thing to open up again?

Thanks
Joe

When mine do that (I use mostly the 24" ones), I hold them upright by the bar, my hand maybe an inch away from the moving head, and rap the end on the ground or workbench.  Usually pops the head loose.  Just don't hold it far from the head like that 'cause that hurts when it slides down and smacks into your hand...
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I just had that with one of my 48" versions. Took a 3/4" x 2 x 10 piece of white oak and slid between the bar and the handle, Then beat at it with a wooden mallet, striking the scrap and pushing the handle away from the bar. Then started cursing when the darn handle hit the top of my foot because it broke loose and flew down the bar - watch out for that last part.