CAD programs
I've had better results running a version of Windows in Virtualbox and then running a Windows CAD program there. That is so easy to do, I just haven't taken the time to work out the setup for Wine. For Linux based CAD, I'll check out the ones you mention. There are a few that come with the Linux OS I use; Freecad, OpenCascade, Archimedes, Qcad, Librecad. I was wondering what others who use any of these think is the best.
I've tried both Qcad (community version) and Librecad.  Although usable, they are a long way from a refined CAD program.  They haven't figured out how to use the .dwg (Autodesk/autocad) format and can only use .dxf.  That is a killer for me since I have a 20+ year library of .dwg Autocad files. (been a user of autocad since version5) Draftsight can use dwg files back to autocad 12 or 14.  Another 2d prog I've used is Progecad Smart 2009.  Used under Wine 1.4, it's a bit dated, but a great autocad clone.  I never got into the virtual machine thing, but lots of free cad available if you want to go that way.

Bob