Why Does It Quote

Why does it quote the last post when I click reply on the last post but not "quote"?
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
  Re: Why Does It Quote by Redman (Why does it quote th...)
So that it identifies the post that is being replying to.

Users can just delete the quote from their post before posting if they like.

Re: RE: Why Does It Quote by barnowl (So that it identifie...)
(08-30-2017, 11:42 AM)barnowl Wrote: So that it identifies the post that is being replying to.

Users can just delete the quote from their post before posting if they like.

Never noticed that before.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
  Re: RE: Why Does It Quote by Redman ([quote='barnowl' pid...)
(08-30-2017, 04:37 PM)Redman Wrote: Never noticed that before.

It did it again, quoted your reply and I didn't click quote and it appears it will quote me reply also.

Re: RE: Why Does It Quote by Redman ([quote='Redman' pid=...)
(08-30-2017, 04:39 PM)Redman Wrote: It did it again, quoted your reply and I didn't click quote and it appears it will quote me reply also.

Yep.

Re: RE: Why Does It Quote by Redman ([quote='Redman' pid=...)
Just delete the quote if you like.

Like I just did.

OR.... if you don't want it to quote, click on the big black "NEW REPLY" in the upper right.

Re: RE: Why Does It Quote by barnowl (OR.... if you don't ...)
barnowlOR.... if you don't want it to quote, click on the big black "NEW REPLY" in the upper right.

Cursor comes up by your name. I clicked reply got a quote box. I've scrolled up and down and don't see anything that says "NEW REPLY". I see "Post a New Reply" on the upper left. Can't delete multi line quote.

Re: RE: Why Does It Quote by Redman (barnowlOR.... if you...)
I removed it this time. Removed by highlighting and hitting space bar. Never had to do that before. Something is not working right somewhere. PITA.

When I want to reply to a certain post and click on Quote, it won't reply to that post. What am I doing wrong?