HTFS: Virtually New ECE Smooth Plane
Picked this one out of a bunch of newish wooden smoothers, the rest of them were from somewhere in Asia, not particularly well made and with questionable irons and chipbreakers, but this ECE stood out in my eyes.  Virtually new, a few scuffs here and there, overall very clean, hornbeam sole is like from the factory with minor marks, crisp and clean iron bed and wedge is in excellent shape, all intact, full length iron that still has the factory grind on it as  he only honed the very edge, looks like it was used once or twice and put away, beech with hornbeam sole, typical thick EC Emmerich iron and equally substantial chipbreaker. These are quality tools, Highland sells 'em for $110 retail (this one is the older design with full wedge ways, not the insert), see: http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/ecesmoothplane.aspx and if you've got a hankering for a wooden smoother, you might be able to do better somewhere, but with this one you cannot go wrong at $65 plus shipping, a 40% or so discount off retail. All you've got to do is sharpen it up and it will "swish" shavings just like it was intended to do.  Pics below, and if you think you want it I'd suggest you pull the trigger quickly a this is a very good deal for someone so inclined and won't last long.  I thought hard about keeping it for myself, but I've just got too many planes as it is.

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority; now, I don't have Paypal or any other EFT, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are ok, and Please include your full shipping address so I can print up mailing labels and quote shipping.

All user quality tools that I would own (again, I almost did keep it), priced very reasonably.  Thanks for looking.

[Image: 36918993305_17a373a588_b.jpg]
[Image: 36748248102_016ce32490_b.jpg]
[Image: 36918994495_9e09ce0ecf_b.jpg]

[Image: 36748249082_f6cb7c3b2a_b.jpg]

[Image: 36748249722_84d36370e9_b.jpg]
[Image: 36918996505_160a97ecb5_b.jpg]

Edit to add pic:  

Just for chits and giggles I put the iron on the Tormek and gave it a quick sharpening, and it works just like it should a little tap tap here and there; more honing will only improve performance.  I really like the extra heavy chipbreaker....

[Image: 36088226284_38f0aa6c25_b.jpg]
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
PM sent
Plane is sold.  Thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis