3HP Powermatic Dust Collector Question
Hi all ... I'm looking to upgrade my questionable 1HP Steel City dust collector to the Powermatic 3HP with the two filetr canisters (model # PM1900TX-CK1).  Im not looking to install it on the mobile base, but in a fixed location and I wanted to turn the motor/impellar housing/connector tubes 90-degrees and then mount it to the two collector housings that hold the bags and filters.  Basically, I want the motor on top of the assemble with the inlet hoses coming in from the bottom.

My question is if the seemingly square connection between the collector housings and connector tubes are in-fact square ... and, if so, would the drilled holes align if I turned it 90-degrees?

I've looked at the manual and searched around online at spare parts sites and neither gave dimensions.

My plan is to mount this to the wall directly above my dust deputy and only have a short 6" or so flex hose connecting it to the dust collector.

Thanks in advance for the responses.
I used one of the older style Powermatic 3 hp units for awhile with a dust deputy. I'm pretty sure you could do what you want with it but the design was a little different. For the money you can get a nice 3 hp cyclone though which will have much better performance. When I added the dust deputy to the PM I lost a lot of the vacuum. The difference in the air the cyclone is moving and the separation in huge. I have been running my cyclone for over 6 months and still don't have anything in the bag under the filter. The cyclone is much easier to empty also which is a big deal for me. In the last two days I have filled it 6 times and emptying the drum literally only takes 30 seconds. Most of that time is walking to get a new trash bag for the drum. I am running a Grizzly 3 hp cyclone right now and the quality seems equal to the Powermatic.
(09-03-2017, 10:49 AM)Dave Diaman Wrote: I used one of the older style Powermatic 3 hp units for awhile with a dust deputy. I'm pretty sure you could do what you want with it but the design was a little different. For the money you can get a nice 3 hp cyclone though which will have much better performance. When I added the dust deputy to the PM I lost a lot of the vacuum. The difference in the air the cyclone is moving and  the separation in huge. I have been running my cyclone for over 6 months and still don't have anything in the bag under the filter. The cyclone is much easier to empty also which is a big deal for me. In the last two days I have filled it 6 times and emptying the drum literally only takes 30 seconds. Most of that time is walking to get a new trash bag for the drum. I am running a Grizzly 3 hp cyclone right now and the quality seems equal to the Powermatic.

Dave

Which Grizzly 3 hp are you using?  Also how did you mount it?  I am also wanting to mount it on the wall to keep as much as possible off of the floor.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin, below is a link to th one I have. I built a wooden stand for mine. My last cyclone was mounted to my wall. That was when I was working in a two car garage that was attached to the house. All the vibration from the unit was transferred right into the wall and the noise inside the house and outside was really bad. After I moved it to a stand the difference in the sound was amazing. The first thing I did for my new cyclone was build a stand.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/3-HP-Cyc...rizzly.com
 photo B6CCAD4F-8E27-41B1-B298-BFF9A2E89599_zpslimisgsp.jpg
(09-03-2017, 07:09 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: Arlin, below is a link to th one I have. I built a wooden stand for mine. My last cyclone was mounted to my wall. That was when I was working in a two car garage that was attached to the house. All the vibration from the unit was transferred right into the wall and the noise inside the house and outside was really bad. After I moved it to a stand the difference in the sound was amazing. The first thing I did for my new cyclone was build a stand.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/3-HP-Cyc...rizzly.com
 photo B6CCAD4F-8E27-41B1-B298-BFF9A2E89599_zpslimisgsp.jpg

I like it.  Also where did you get the Red light for the phone?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-04-2017, 07:29 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I like it.  Also where did you get the Red light for the phone?

The red light is for the dust collector. It flashes when it is full. It came from Oneida.

https://www.amazon.com/ONEIDA-Dust-Sentr...B00JUP1TNS