Are the good times over at the NYW site?
(09-06-2017, 01:24 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Sorry, but if you don't have Moderator underneath your name you can't tell people what they can or cannot post whether you have confidence or not. That statement didn't even make sense.

Sorry, but if you don't have Moderator underneath you username you can't tell people what they can or cannot post. Confidence doesn't have anything to do with it.

Have (and show) some confidence, Frank. 

First, if you thought I shouldn't write what I did, you didn't have to wait for another forum member to say it. You don't need permission to state your points, as long as we are all civil and don't use demeaning words like stupid, etc. seen elsewhere. Nothing wrong for you disagree with me or anyone else in the forum.

Second, why does anyone need a Moderator status to express an opinion? I don't think a thread about NYW should be a place to promote another show and I said it. Anyone can disagree with my position. If we could only say something that is agreeable to everybody, we would be living in a Communist world.

Some people think you have to be "senior" enough to talk to another "senior," and that is what is holding back some of them to say what they want. This happens all the time at some workplaces, too. Yet, people with confidence are not bound by what we call self-imposed constraints. 

In other threads/forums, I have seen timidity, with people opening their comments with remarks like, "In my humble opinion," or "I am probably wrong," (even when they were dead right), etc.  Go ahead. Say what you want about my post(s) or anyone else's. Be yourself. No one is going to knock down your front door and throw you in a jail just because you express your opinion, agreeable to others or not. This is not a forum for sheep.

Simon
(09-06-2017, 10:23 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Thank you STwood. I was grinding my teeth trying to keep from saying this!

Welcome.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

See? You could have said the same thing, Frank, without owing anyone a favor.

Simon
(09-06-2017, 02:51 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: See? You could have said the same thing, Frank, without owing anyone a favor.

Simon

OK dude. You don't even know me and I'm not going to get in a pi$$ing contest on Woodnet. Lack of confidence or timidity are not problems that I have ever had.
So what about the new Yankee website?
-Marc

(09-06-2017, 04:05 PM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: So what about the new Yankee website?

I haven't been there in forever seems like.
Whats the word on Norm lately? He still on TOH?
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I haven't been on the NYW website for a while but when I used to go more frequently my antivirus software always flagged a virus. Kinda made me skeptical of going there. That was a few years ago though.
(09-06-2017, 03:18 PM)FrankAtl Wrote:  Lack of confidence or timidity are not problems that I have ever had.

Ok, then I retract the part regarding confidence in my previous message. But I still maintain that everyone can freely offer their opinions here, regardless of their "seniority." ;-) ;-)

Simon
(09-06-2017, 02:38 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Welcome.
Winkgrin

Thanks to both of you guys. Simply stated Simon, will always win any argument, debate or whatever he gets into, even if it is just in his own mind. He was trying to teach Joe all about woodworking just a few weeks ago, pretty laughable. I can't guarantee but I'm pretty sure people who know him utter a "simple" under their breath when they see him a coming along
Big Grin

Simon, you can take it or leave it, but after you start posting works of art, woodworking projects even if they are just jigs, you are starting to show yourself to be a fella who talks a big game, but has never produced. Believe me, the way you talk I've been looking for all of your "build" threads.

Back to the thread, Ralph, good on you for going where just a few brave Men have gone before. Best of luck.

As far as finding what rerun of Norm they have on I just make a habit to go Rat Cheer, and look every week They do have a boatload of them on You Tube as well.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(09-06-2017, 06:08 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Ok, then I retract the part regarding confidence in my previous message. But I still maintain that everyone can freely offer their opinions here, regardless of their "seniority." ;-) ;-)

Simon

Sure. Offer opinions, but rude to preach to the minions that your way is the only way.
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020