Are the good times over at the NYW site?
(09-06-2017, 06:58 PM)Steve N Wrote: Thanks to both of you guys. Simply stated Simon, will always win any argument, debate or whatever he gets into, even if it is just in his own mind. He was trying to teach Joe all about woodworking just a few weeks ago, pretty laughable. I can't guarantee but I'm pretty sure people who know him utter a "simple" under their breath when they see him a coming along
Big Grin

Oh......facepalm, I found another armchair woodworker?
Uhoh 

Hey you got those shaker boxes made yet? Pics?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Well, this went in a direction I did not anticipate! 

I LOVED Norm's show, but I have literally seen every single episode multiple times. At one time, between HGTV and PBS, the show was on four times each weekend.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(09-06-2017, 06:58 PM)Steve N Wrote: Thanks to both of you guys. Simply stated Simon, will always win any argument, debate or whatever he gets into, even if it is just in his own mind. He was trying to teach Joe all about woodworking just a few weeks ago, pretty laughable. I can't guarantee but I'm pretty sure people who know him utter a "simple" under their breath when they see him a coming along
Big Grin

Simon, you can take it or leave it, but after you start posting works of art, woodworking projects even if they are just jigs, you are starting to show yourself to be a fella who talks a big game, but has never produced. Believe me, the way you talk I've been looking for all of your "build" threads.

Are you the same Steve who in another thread with another member insisted that no one can use the word "fear" to describe how they felt about power tools, like routers, tablesaws, etc.? (Excuse me, if you are not as I dont keep track of who said what after a thread discussion no matter how heated or spirited it might be.) And the reason you both gave was because fear was wrong. You the same guy? And you like to look at everything done or said as a game or contest. That you?

If so, welcome here, but sorry, you are too late and I have already said what I had to say. I know you like to play the role of referee. You did that last time and handed the other guy the trophy based on how many cuts he made or how loud he was or something like that. That fellow kept calling other members stupid because they used "fear" as the adjective. I, of course, still fear for my tablesaw, despite what he said or insisted. Sorry (not in the true sense of being sorry, of course!), old dogs and new tricks don't mix well.

Simon
PS All my opinions are view-able by anyone. What to hide? Some agreed with what I had said, some didn't. I behave exactly the same on views expressed by others. That is the beauty of a public forum that is not called: A Forum for Sheep.
(09-06-2017, 07:43 PM)handi Wrote: Well, this went in a direction I did not anticipate! 

I LOVED Norm's show, but I have literally seen every single episode multiple times. At one time, between HGTV and PBS, the show was on four times each weekend.

I have seen and kept all of his episodes and the first thing I built more or less based on his work was the Barrister's Bookcase. I, however, did not use the same hardware he demonstrated as I couldnt find it. And like most woodworkers, I built mine based on the look of his build and came up with my own dimensions as well as decorative features. So I called it an Abram inspired BB as it is not a true copy based on the plan they sold. His presentation style was inspiring.

If I remember it correctly, that was also the only "NYW build" I had done. It was also the only build I did based on any TV woodworking shows (including the Tommy Mac's) I have watched. Jigs excluded.

Simon
I built the "New Yankee" clock. Ordered the movement and glass from Klockit and built the case out of koa. Had that clock ten years now. I bet I have the only one of those in existence built from koa.
VH07V  
(09-07-2017, 03:57 PM)EightFingers Wrote: I built the "New Yankee" clock. Ordered the movement and glass from Klockit and built the case out of koa. Had that clock ten years now. I bet I have the only one of those in existence built from koa.

I would imagine that's a pretty safe bet. Would love to see a picture of it.
Their moving him down south and calling it; "The New Confederate Wood Shop".

Frankly, I don't think that's a good idea right now.
Laugh

Norm is on my list of folks I'd like to meet.  The list is very small now and getting smaller.
Sarcasm
(09-07-2017, 06:55 PM)daddo Wrote: Their moving him down south and calling it; "The New Confederate Wood Shop".

Frankly, I don't think that's a good idea right now.
Laugh

Oops. Well, hopefully he won't have a flag flying in his pickup on the way to film a new episode
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-06-2017, 07:10 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Oh......facepalm, I found another armchair woodworker?
Uhoh 

Hey you got those shaker boxes made yet? Pics?

I have to get the darn BS up and running. I moved it to a side of the shop with no 220, hopefully when the grass quits growing.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Handi, thanks for the link to your show.
Big Norm fan here too, Norms been on TOH lately and he's getting old just like me.