Are the good times over at the NYW site?
(09-05-2017, 03:51 PM)Alan Sto the Wrote: Give him a break.  He mentioned his show, of which he is justifiably proud, in a reasonable context, and then only replied to a query.  All the other shows have been mentioned in threads talking about NYW, but his is too new to have been in the other threads.
Yes, he should be proud of his work. The one that needs a break here is the reader who does not need the mention of any show other than NYW -- which is also what the question is about.

I am not questioning his show nor his need to promote it, but please give us a break when the question is all about NYW, not about his show or any other shows. Also, if he did not produce any show, does it mean he could not offer his input? His show has no relevance here, and that is my point.

Simon
It is also not free........you have pay amazon fee for prime. I no longer have it and thus it would cost me $100 per year to watch it.
(09-05-2017, 08:57 PM)OldGuyDrummer Wrote: It is also not free........you have pay amazon fee for prime. I no longer have it and thus it would cost me $100 per year to watch it.

Not true, Old Guy! You CAN watch the show for free even if you do not have an Account. Amazon will put in some ads, but I set it up for watching without the account.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(09-05-2017, 03:37 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: OMG. Is he trying to compare his show with NYW? I hope not.

It is fine to self promote, but to suggest that some other shows can replace NYW is laughable to say the least. It's almost like if someone couldn't afford a Sam Maloof rockler, I tell him to buy mine as they look similar.

Simon
I NEVER compared my show to NYW. I only offered it as an alternative.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
(09-05-2017, 07:32 AM)cvillewood Wrote: Handi- as I said in another post I liked the first couple shows, but you don't have to plug it in every possible thread!

Point taken. But if I have my way, I will be too rich and famous to hang around here anymore! Lol!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
(09-05-2017, 09:58 PM)handi Wrote: Point taken. But if I have my way, I will be too rich and famous to hang around here anymore! Lol!

Please don't take this the wrong way. You are welcome to share your show info. with us in this forum. I just saw a separate thread about your third episode, which is the right place to do it.

Frankly, woodworking writers and video producers don't do what they do, trying to get rich. I am pretty sure you are doing  what you do to share your passion and knowledge of woodworking.

Simon
(09-05-2017, 09:58 PM)handi Wrote: Point taken. But if I have my way, I will be too rich and famous to hang around here anymore! Lol!

Laugh
Laugh 

(09-06-2017, 07:39 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Please don't take this the wrong way. You are welcome to share your show info.

Simon

Really.
Smirk 

Forum nubie teaching forum oldies?
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thank you STwood. I was grinding my teeth trying to keep from saying this!
(09-06-2017, 10:23 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Thank you STwood. I was grinding my teeth trying to keep from saying this!

Confidence. That is the key word.

A lot of woodworkers as well as forum participants can do whatever they want with an ounce of confidence.

Simon
Sorry, but if you don't have Moderator underneath your name you can't tell people what they can or cannot post whether you have confidence or not. That statement didn't even make sense.
(09-06-2017, 10:18 AM)Stwood_ Wrote:
Laugh
Laugh 

Really.
Smirk 

Forum nubie teaching forum oldies?
Laugh

(09-06-2017, 01:06 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Confidence. That is the key word.

A lot of woodworkers as well as forum participants can do whatever they want with an ounce of confidence.

Simon

Sorry, but if you don't have Moderator underneath you username you can't tell people what they can or cannot post. Confidence doesn't have anything to do with it.