Sometimes you are too stupid to be a woodworker.
Or, you could be lazy and stupid when wiring a ceiling fixture.
Just turn off the wall switch.
Down is off right????
Except when you install the switch upside down.
Thank god I landed on my arse when I fell off the ladder.
(09-04-2017, 12:30 PM)Dayle1960 Wrote: So the other day I was out in the workshop and was in need of cutting a piece of wood at a 45* angle.  I tried to tilt my saw blade and the carriage did not want to move.  So I packed it in of the day and said to myself that sometime in the future I would need to investigate why it the carriage was not tilting.

Today was that day.  I started tearing apart my Hitachi 10" table saw to get to the spiral cams and trunions the saw blade tilts upon. I had to tip it on its top after pulling the fence guides off.  Then the legs came off as well as the dust port.  So, now basically I have a intact table saw upside down and still wondering why the blade won't tilt.

Next is a few sprays of rust remover, because I suspected the trunions had rusted while sitting in my shop for a while.  That did not work so I scratched my head and wondered why oh why will the saw not tilt.

Then in a eureka moment, I saw on the front of the saw base a nut attached to a long rod which runs back to the trunion housing.  Woooooops.  I had forgotten that there was a nut which has an arm attached to it that locks the saw tilting in place.  I had forgot to release that nut and thus the trunions would not release.  CRAP.  Sometimes just thinking a process through would be more helpful than jumping into a project.

But on the bright side, I have gotten to tune up my table saw.  I sanded the table top, aligned the fence supports, cleaned the interior, and flattened the table top.

So, all in all, a good learning experience and a quick tune up for a good table saw.

I would not say Stupid since people get so focused they lose track of other things.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-04-2017, 02:32 PM)fredhargis Wrote: I have absolutely, never (ever) had something like that happen to me!
Laugh

Whooooo lucky for me I had just put these on before opening this thread
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh

[Image: 0002863269030_0_A1C1_0600.png]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW