Oak side table
I just finished this side table for a friend. I showed her several examples and she liked this size and color of the examples.  This table is my own design based on the examples I showed her.

It’s made out of oak, stained with spanish oak and has 3 coats of clear semi-gloss polyurethane.  It’s 48 inches long, 14 inches wide and 32 inches tall. All the parts are 3/4 inch except for the legs which are 1 1/2 inches square.  It is assembled with Festool dominos.  The top is anchored with pocket screws at the ends and the sides have hold downs for expansion and contraction due to humidity changes.  The bottom stretchers are attached with screws.

[Image: 36243691583_9d4e7c4bb3_m.jpg]
[Image: 36216498754_f6fa8f51ea_m.jpg]
[Image: 36216496714_90295989bf_z.jpg]
[Image: 36863134156_64aa82e524_z.jpg]
[Image: 36216485534_a11c625540_h.jpg]
I like your design ... may have to make one of those myself.

Well done!
Table looks good! If I am looking at it right I think you addressed the expansion and contraction issues wrong. Looks like you have pocket holes on the ends of the top which would not allow for expansion and contraction.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Very nice!
Ag
(09-08-2017, 01:57 PM)paarker Wrote: Table looks good! If I am looking at it right I think you addressed the expansion and contraction issues wrong. Looks like you have pocket holes on the ends of the top which would not allow for expansion and contraction.

Thanks for the complement.
I used the pocket hole screws as an anchor point. The holes are elongated a bit to allow for the minimal expansion/contraction in the short distance between the screws and should not be an issue.  Additionally I did not wrench the screws down real tight.  Without an anchor point the table top would be free to slide around on the base and could become skewed in relationship to the base.