Bathroom Vanity Designs
The general contractor brought us in to create a double sink vanity in a new addition he built for this couple’s home. The original house was over 200 yrs old so we designed cabinetry with wider stiles & rails and inset the door & drawer fronts to give it more ‘age’ and class.
Here is the floor plan and both elevation views…

[Image: RrHK1ozD]

[Image: AygNNOiI]

[Image: s3EjAroz]

Their architect had repositioned the entry door which left us less wall space, so we narrowed the make-up desk and placed it at the end of the cabs, on the right. He also eliminated the wall cabs (for recessed ceiling lights and to accommodate wall mounted mirrors with sconces above). He asked us to create a ‘tower’ (for two medicine cabinets ). We adjusted our numbers, modified the plan and got to work.

Here is the architect’s sketch on my rendering…

[Image: Kf7SM69A]

And here is how it turned out…

[Image: 0BAW9whL] 

Russell Hudson / http://www.hudsoncabinetmaking.com/
"Courage is knowing what not to fear."
www.hudsoncabinetmaking.com
Russell,

Great design as always. Love the inset doors. That is how I make all of my cabinets. It's a great differentiator from the competition.
(09-05-2017, 08:11 PM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: Russell,

Great design as always.  Love the inset doors.  That is how I make all of my cabinets.  It's a great differentiator from the competition.
Did you finish the cabs yourself?  How were they done and what kind of paint?
Russell, have you ever hit a foul tip? Always home runs? Awesome, we wouldn't expect less.

I despise white cabinets, that said those were very inviting. Not so sure about the wallpaper choices, and the different mirrors make it jumbled, but neither of those are on you I imagine, yours is splendid. Well done, and thanks for posting.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
The cabinets and floor are great.  The tower looks pretty amazing I just built one myself that doesn't look amazing but well enough for the job at hand.  

Forgot to ask did the place hand towels in the cabinets as I don't see a place for them to hang in the room.  I just put in towel rings last week as I had the same situation in the house I was finishing.  

The wall paper on the right is awful and the oval mirror is a better choice and should have been used for all 3 IMO.  The one thing that jumps out at me more than anything is the lowered counter for women and make up yet there is no lighting or properly placed lighting for that application.  In fact the sconces above the other mirrors are a bad choice.  The lighting should have been placed on both sides of the mirrors.  Something like this

[Image: traditional-bathroom.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.