Pulled the Trigger
I went with the 24" kit and bought a TEFC motor from Automation Direct.  The motor is huge for a 1/2HP.

Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
A little more information would help. What's the motor for?
(09-06-2017, 07:26 AM)cvillewood Wrote: A little more information would help. What's the motor for?

Backstory:  https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...id=7332143
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
What speed does the drum run at?  In the pics from the manufacturer, the two sheaves are of different diameter.  But in your pic, they're both the same.

It also looks like they're both 1/2" bore, with no keyway.  Your motor has at least a 5/8" shaft.  At least that's how it looks from way over here.  
Raised
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I think the pic you have is the 12" or 18" kit with a smaller diameter drum. With the smaller drum, you need to speed it up to maintain the same tangential speed of the paper. The motor is 1750 RPM as recommended for the kit.

The pullies and shaft are 5/8" like the motor. The pullies have set screws, so I just need to remove the key out of the keyway on the motor. In the picture it looks bigger because the plastic protector is still on the motor shaft.
Looks interesting.
I would get a 5/8 pulley, for a keyed shaft.
Looking forward to your thoughts when you get it finished and use it. I hope you like yours, as much as I like mine.
Earl
Broach a keyway, mill a keyway, or mount the pulleys in a metal lathe chuck and cut a keyway where the set screws are. Use the key.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

If I mount the motor side with a keyway, I don't think it would do any good unless I do the same on the shaft side.
Mill a flat on the shaft.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.