poly carbonate roofing and gutters
I have an awning with corrugated poly carbonate roofing on a 1/2 inch drop per foot of run.  Roof is 16 feet.  How far should the edge of the roofing extend over the gutter.  I have read that it should be 2 inches.  However with nothing to slow the water down it really  shoots of the edge.  What would be the ideal space and how high up should the gutter be?  thanks much
can you put a hose up there and figure out how far off the edge the water gets before it starts falling?
(09-06-2017, 08:21 AM)wannabedivin Wrote: I have an awning with corrugated poly carbonate roofing on a 1/2 inch drop per foot of run.  Roof is 16 feet.  How far should the edge of the roofing extend over the gutter.  I have read that it should be 2 inches.  However with nothing to slow the water down it really  shoots of the edge.  What would be the ideal space and how high up should the gutter be?  thanks much

Lowes carries both 5" and 6" resin gutters.  I would go for the 6".
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
1" is standard for roofing, same applies here.
I'm a journeyman WWer,

Every projects a journey man.

Make sure your gutter isn't too high IE it doesn't interfere with a straight eedge placed on the roof. The reason for this is ice. Snow or ice will rip off your gutters when it slides off. Even here in DFW I have seen gutters ripped off of houses in the winter.  

5" will work fine for most applications. Mounting varies allot. Here they put on a 1x2 on top of the facia board. Then the drip edge is nailed on. This keeps water from dripping down the facia board. Most parts of the country ignore that extra step which makes gutter install easier. Here you either butt the gutter to the bottom of that piece or you have to put a filler strip to space the bottom of the gutter out. 

Hopefully you have a Menards and can get what you need. Here we only have team blue and orange and they only carry white and poop colored gutters. I am going to finally put gutters on our house and I have to drive to Menards in Wichitaw,KS to get them. Depot will order them for 3x the price of Menards. Had leafguard give an estimate and after he spent 3 frigging hours selling his product came up with a bid that worked out to $53 a linear foot and didn't cover the whole house. I could buy a gutter machine for what they wanted...
(09-07-2017, 11:48 PM)Jasen Wrote: 1" is standard for roofing, same applies here.

This is the answer. Now IF you don't like that, you could always drip flashing under the roofing to make sure water doesn't roll back behind.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!