Powermatic benchtop mortiser question
I recently purchased the Powermatic 701 benchtop mortiser and have been testing/practicing past couple of days. One thing I have noticed is that after tightening the hold down with the thumb nut, and then loosening the thumb nut to raise the hold down, the hold down sticks and is very hard to move up. I have to tilt it slightly and my guess is that it is getting caught on the threads of the screw. I am considering trying to widen the hole in the hold down slightly but wanted to see if I'm missing something silly here or if someone else has had this problem. Thanks in advance!
Its designed to keep the stock down when you retract the chisel. Don't tighten it so much.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thanks, but even when I dont tighten it much the hold down is still very hard to move up even slightly once I loosen it. I read another review where someone had the same problem and he added a spring. Not sure if enlarging the hole in the hold down would help, but its frustrating as everything else about this tool seems to be top notch.