need to replace my Freud 1700 router
Hi all,

I have been using the Freud 1700 router in my router table for many years and just love that machine. 
great soft start and the above table bit change and bit height are a joy to use. Unfortunately, the plunge mechanism that locks the spindle broke in half over the weekend. I contacted Freud America and they sent me to Bosch, who I guess now is Freud's parent company. I was able to identify the part that I needed but was told that the part was no longer available. 
I thought I had my problem solved when I saw a used 1700 on ebay. I really only wanted it so I could cannibalize the part that i needed. But I was outbid.

So now i want to replace the Freud with another 2-1/4 horse router with soft start and above table bit change and bit height adjustment that will give me the same (or better) wonderful service I've enjoyed for so many years. I was researching the PC 892 but have seen some mixed reviews. 

Any thoughts from the forum on solving my problem are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mikey
It's not 2 1/4 hp but it's about the best table mountable router, with above table adjustments on the market. https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tool...ed/5625-20
Earl