Pics of big green egg table

Finally finished my big green egg table. Many thanks to all the people here who answered my questions during the build. Have been working on this off and on for eight months. Didn't have a plan, just found a picture on the Internet of one just like this.

Time to start cooking!
(09-07-2017, 11:51 AM)Randy C Wrote: Finally finished my big green egg table. Many thanks to all the people here who answered my questions during the build. Have been working on this off and on for eight months. Didn't have a plan, just found a picture on the Internet of one just like this.

Time to start cooking!

Wow that looks great.  really well done.
What's the glass on the right, an induction burner?
-Marc

Very nice.  Puts mine to shame!  Wish I could keep mine under cover, too.
I've seen several of these, and yours is by far the nicest! Well done.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-07-2017, 11:52 AM)WaterlooMarcg Wrote: What's the glass on the right, an induction burner?

No. It's just a piece of black granite that is inset into the table to set stuff on and hopefully not mess up the table top.
That's really slick Randy. I am no expert on these, but I presume the egg gets really hot, right? Are you expecting no effect on the wood near the egg?
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Bug 
(09-07-2017, 01:04 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: That's really slick Randy. I am no expert on these, but I presume the egg gets really hot, right? Are you expecting no effect on the wood near the egg?

I'm no expert either since I will perform my first cook on it this weekend. My understanding is that you are OK is you have an air gap between the egg and the wood. I have a 3/4" gap and my understanding is that this is sufficient. 

Also the egg sits on a metal stand that rises 2" above that granite under the egg. I have heard of tables catching fire if you set the egg directly on the wood
Very nice! If I ever get a Green Egg I might have to borrow this design. I like the granite.
If I made one that purty, it would make my patio look bad and then the wife would make me redo that.  And then the new patio would make the house look bad and I'd have to redo that. And then I'd have to re-landscape the yard and maybe wash the truck.!  Then the insurance people would raise my rates and then my taxes would go up. I'd have less money for tools and fun!!

Look what you did!!  
Eek