In praise of Moen
I posted a thread like this years ago, but no doubt, with the old software, it's gone.

At least 20 years ago, we installed a Moen Hi-Rise kitchen faucet.

It's designed to sit low most of the time, but when needed, can be pulled up high.

[Image: moen-kitchen-bar-faucets-7345-200.jpg]

Well, the arm sprung a leak, and I called Moen.

The nice lady asked if I was the original owner, and I said Yes.

She asked if I had a receipt, and I said No.

She asked approximately how long ago did I install it, and I told her it had to be 20 years or so.

Well, they still replaced the arm, for free.

You can't beat that customer service.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
My experience is different.

Bathroom wide spread fixture:  Cost of fixture was $150.00 to $175.00 (I can't remember exactly).

The proprietary hose sprung a leak and destroyed the vanity.

Moen could not specify what hose to use.

I had to call a plumber to get the right hose.

The unit is now 4 years old and the faucet drips and there is another slow leak beneath the unit which I am catching daily in a pan.  As soon as I have time I will replace it with some other brand.  Delta or Pfister or someone other than Moen.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Well, that post certainly lives up to your chosen screen name.

Sarcasm

Laugh

Incidentally, see the movie.

William H. Macy plays "The Cooler"
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(09-07-2017, 02:59 PM)Cooler Wrote: My experience is different.

Bathroom wide spread fixture:  Cost of fixture was $150.00 to $175.00 (I can't remember exactly).

The proprietary hose sprung a leak and destroyed the vanity.

Moen could not specify what hose to use.

I had to call a plumber to get the right hose.

The unit is now 4 years old and the faucet drips and there is another slow leak beneath the unit which I am catching daily in a pan.  As soon as I have time I will replace it with some other brand.  Delta or Pfister or someone other than Moen.

You bought the one with the slip fit hoses to the center I am guessing.  I have one not my favorite but I have had no issues with leaking as you describe.  The faucet and handles should be sitting on pipe dope to prevent leaking under the counter.  So part of the issue was an improper install and for the drip might be something as simple as calling them for a replacement which they will send out free of charge.  

The pics below are from the place I got up for rent now, all the faucets are moen because they have been problem free with the exception of tenant or hard water issues

I really like Moen vanity faucets I don't know how many I own just say several and a call to customer service has always taken care of the problem.  I had a situation where the woman on the phone wasn't sure what I needed so she sent just about everything.  I have to say I have not had the same experience with their kitchen faucets.  So I haven't purchased one in over 10 years

[Image: 00N0N_TlP4oAGd6U_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00L0L_hfrlVQc5ziY_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00m0m_bZhhZxcqkv2_600x450.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I had a similar experience with our Delta faucet in the kitchen. It is a pull out spray type and the hose got a leak. No receipt but original owner and they sent me a replacement for free. I tried again when our shower handle was leaking but I was too honest and said it came with the house so they couldn't replace it for free but they did help me find the right part.
No love for Moen here...their cartridges last 1 month longer than the warranty.

Ed
(09-07-2017, 11:29 PM)EdL Wrote: No love for Moen here...their cartridges last 1 month longer than the warranty.

Ed

Not to argue but are you speaking about the vanity faucets?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

My experience with Moen customer service for things other than faucets is a they are a just OK.  I had to provide proof of receipt (which I had).

Kohler on the other hand, I bought two toilets from Loews at different times and both had issues (Cracked tank on one and cracked soft close seat on the other.  Without hesitation or proof of purchase Kohler sent me a letter to get another toilet from Loews for the cracked tank and promptly shipped out a new seat.
(09-08-2017, 12:48 AM)Bob10 Wrote: Not to argue but are you speaking about the vanity faucets?

Kitchen, don't recall what pos was in the bathroom, but the cold handle broke.

She bought a new faucet at Menard's, it's been perfect for 3 years now.  
Big eek

Time will tell.

Ed
I and that same faucet, it was good unit. No problems with it over quite a few years.
VH07V