Heat Gun
Anyone use the heat gun  from Lee Valley. Good gun, or should I look elsewhere ?

Can't seem to see a brand name either.  Thanks

http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...at=1,43456
(09-08-2017, 06:39 AM)digger Wrote: Anyone use the heat gun  from Lee Valley. Good gun, or should I look elsewhere ?

Can't seem to see a brand name either.  Thanks

http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...at=1,43456

Seeing it is from Lee Valley I wouldn't hesitate to buy it,they are not known for selling junk.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I have one, works great, every bit as good at the high dollar ones here at work.
I really like the adjustable feature.
I've had it for several years, if it ever dies, I will buy another.
I have the Milwaukee kit, an excellent tool.
Wood is good. 
I bought a heat gun at Lowes for about $20.00.  It worked fine and still works.  I used it several hours to remove glass tiles from the wall (warm up the adhesive pads and they release the glass).

I'll have to go home to see what brand it was, but I think it was a Wagner.

In any case I think all of the brands have these made in China.  This is not a very sophisticated piece of equipment.  It is just a heating element and a blower.  
As long as it is UL approved I would not hesitate to buy any one of these cheaper units.  But make sure that it is UL approved.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I have one - cheap china product - but works well with no issues!
The Apple wont fall;
Let's go and shake the tree.
I have an old B&D 'heat 'n strip gun, from at least 30 years ago.  1320W, and single speed/heat.  Old-school coiled wire heating element.  It would be nice to be able to turn it down a bit sometimes, but it's been great for heat shrink.  And removing paint.  Spent weeks on end removing old paint from plaster ceilings with it in the late 80's.  Good times.
Laugh

The heat gun under consideration looks pretty generic.  After all, it's just a blow dryer with a weak fan.  
Raised
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I also have the Milwaukee. But it was a lot more than the one you are looking at.  I suggest you go ahead and pull the trigger.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Harbor Fright dual temperature $14. -20%  cupon.     12 temperature $28 - 20% cupon.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Thanks Guys.......