Grizzly website rant
As stated a rant about the loss of a once simple, plain website where you could easily see what it was you wanted to see. If you think the current website is great, probably stopping now will be a good thing. I'm just looking to see if what is ticking me off, bothers anyone else, and what have you done about it?

Was a time it was a basic website, no space age techy crap, you opened a page and there in FULL view was the product you wanted to see.

Then some person (I want to point out PERSON is not the word I typed in, I've been auto corrected. That you Woodnet for keeping me safe from reality) decided we could see the product too well, and they added a drop down, errrrrr unstoppable drop down, that as soon as you scrolled down to start to read about the product it covered about half of the viewing pane.

Now they have a chat thing that goes to a large area of the bottom right of what you used to be able to see, again unstoppable. No matter how many times you close it, it pops right back open, like surely you are nutz, you need this POS in your way, why would you even think of not chatting with us.

Uhhhh maybe because I want to just look at something, and don't actually have any questions yet??????????
Confused
Confused
Confused
Confused

I sent them this to csr@grizzly.com which is Griz customer service because they don't have a complaint department.

"Customer here

First some numbskull approved some kind of useless banner that falls down across most of any webpage I open, leaving me with a small slit to look at a product with big pictures. Now you have some pop up thingie that won't UN pop no many however many times I close it. Pass along that I am pretty soon going to quit going to Grizzly for anything if you don't get a normal site back. Tell Shiraz he isn't a techie company, and his current direction is going to hurt him if potential cutomers can't see what it it they want to see.

Hate Grizzly webiste

XXXXXX XXXX
Fraxxxxx, Ohio"

If I am full of beans you can certainly say so, but I have seen what I have said I saw. If you have seen it, and it hampered your shopping, irritated you, or did anything other than make you warm a fuzzy, e-mail them. A lot of people are NOT like me (maybe a good thing) But I will tell you if you are not meeting my needs if you are a company trying to get my business. I'll not spend any more money there until they rectify the problems. In the past 2 years they have gotten about 4K worth of biz from me. If they continue at this pace, soon there will be no more Grizz, then you will be forced to pay more for the exact same tools that many other sell.

React, ACT, or just sit still, always your choice, just saying a site not long ago a good time to look around, you look enough, next thing you know you are buying. Ruined by trying to be a techie website with a bunch of dazzling trash, that doesn't do a thing to PROMOTE sales.

Discuss, I've sent this thread to Grizzy in my e-mail, maybe Shiraz will grace us with his presence like he used to do, back when. I'll not hold my breath, because his leaving here was a clear indication he didn't want to hear anything except warm and fuzzy. The Creek offers him insulation, because he pays for it, no paid vendor can be spoken of in any but a positive manner.............(insert loud belching ICON her)
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
So I'm confused. Are you upset with Grizzly or not? 
Big Grin
I just went to the Grizzly website and selected a tablesaw to look at and as I scrolled down a banner appeared at the top but it didn't cover up anything much. When I scrolled back up the banner went away.
This is what I get. I agree, the upper banner can be a pain.

The last pic is with my ad blocker turned off. The ad blocker seems to prevent the "chat" (lower right corner) from opening.

[Image: 0hilaxb.jpg]
[Image: htKyOaW.jpg]
[Image: Wp5epFv.jpg]
I've got 24" dual monitors so I guess it's not as bothersome to me.
The drop down banner is irritating.  Especially since it shows the exact same information that's already on the page you're looking at.  I don't get the chat box, because pop-ups are disabled.  Most any browser has an option to disable pop-ups.  I doubt I visit the Grizz site more than 4x per year, so it's not going to cause me to lose any sleep.  I don't own a single Grizzly power tool.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
They have a website?  I have been doing catalog orders for years.  I will have to check it out. 
Big Grin
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(09-08-2017, 03:34 PM)daddo Wrote: This is what I get. I agree, the upper banner can be a pain.

The last pic is with my ad blocker turned off. The ad blocker seems to prevent the "chat" (lower right corner) from opening.

I have on AdBlock, and Ad Block Plus and it's still jumping up. What are you using?

Frank and daddo both, I usually surf with Chrome when I am woodworking oriented. It seems to search woodworking stuff better on Googley. I use other searches if I want different stuff. With Chrome it has a fairly large blockage at the top for the different bars I have for controlling functions, and bookmarks. I can shrink it, but even then the drop down is half the page. Seems like it minimizes when I have the function bars down, and grows if I shrink them. What search engine are you using?

GW
(09-08-2017, 05:25 PM)AHill Wrote: The drop down banner is irritating.  Especially since it shows the exact same information that's already on the page you're looking at.  I don't get the chat box, because pop-ups are disabled.  Most any browser has an option to disable pop-ups.  I doubt I visit the Grizz site more than 4x per year, so it's not going to cause me to lose any sleep.  I don't own a single Grizzly power tool.

Allan I go to Griz pretty often, and this chat box crap is new to me today. I have disable pop ups in Chrome going, and as mentioned the 2 additional ad blockers, and still get this irritation. I wouldn't even mind if they had all that crap, just give "me" the possible consumer the ability to kill it, and once I kill it, never bring it back up, at least not on that trip.

GW
Sounds like another example of website designers and marketing people trying to justify their existance.

The new mantra seems to be "how annoying can we make it"?

Ed