Frame and panel bath sink vanity info?
I want to build an old fashioned frame and panel cabinet like they used to build. Not a quick and easy plywood base. Not a slab face or what is called traditional nowadays. In other words both ends will be frame and panel, just like a frame and panel door. I want to go somewhat Prairie
 style. I have bought two highly recommended books on cabinetry and this is not covered. For instance, what size should the 4 stiles for the corners of the cabinet be? This is the first problem. Do I need 2x2, 4x4 to accommodate shelving and drawers, tenons and rabbets? This type of cabinetry is commonly seen in Amish community stores for sale, but there is no book I can find that addresses this. I am am experienced woodworker with most tool, but I need help. Thanks.
2x2's is common for a cabinet this size, but you can do what you want to achive the look you want, 2x3,4,5 isn't uncommon to reduce your front profile yet have a wider style for the side panels.
Don't over think the engineering, once its finished and your glue, fasteners, tenons, botton panel, top and bottom aprons and corner bracing at the top come into play, it will be more then strong enough.
Go to the home center and look how they are built, they are cheap and corners are cut for the sake of production speed and profit margain, but you'll see the basics and then you'll impove on them.
I'm a journeyman WWer,

Every projects a journey man.

(09-09-2017, 11:16 AM)moses1945 Wrote: I want to build an old fashioned frame and panel cabinet like they used to build. Not a quick and easy plywood base. Not a slab face or what is called traditional nowadays. In other words both ends will be frame and panel, just like a frame and panel door. I want to go somewhat Prairie
 style. I have bought two highly recommended books on cabinetry and this is not covered. For instance, what size should the 4 stiles for the corners of the cabinet be? This is the first problem. Do I need 2x2, 4x4 to accommodate shelving and drawers, tenons and rabbets? This type of cabinetry is commonly seen in Amish community stores for sale, but there is no book I can find that addresses this. I am am experienced woodworker with most tool, but I need help. Thanks.

If the "frame" components will also become legs, then yes something bigger 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 will transition into a good sized leg. I personally think leg size versus cabinet size is a make or break for the overall look of a piece, and you could go with a large leg, on a smallish box and make it a BULLDOG looking piece, or a tall graceful cabinet, with smaller 2x2 legs and make it a Ladies cabinet for perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, or even unmentionables storage. I always ask the BOSS what look she wants

Now do the frame components NEED to be large, no most are not, many are 4/4 to 5/4 stock, bigger than the panel, but even the panel can be beveled on it's edge will fit into sleeker frames. Generally it's the cube construction where you get strength, but if you wanted to store car motors on the shelves, yep, better beef that up, common bathroom, Ladies stuff, you don't have enough weight, and shelf pins into the panel usually suffice. If you aren't sure there is no problem with pieces inserted front to back inside the cab, to make a stronger frame to hold shelves, drawers, whatever.

For real specifics you may want to post a pic of what you want to build, and a listing of what you want to go into it.  Allow for the tools you have to use, and you can tweak out some good advice here.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW