Brought home some stuff...what am I missing?
I answered a CL ad. I have been wanting to swap out my Shopsmith Bandsaw for some that maybe I can ad a riser block into...so the B.S. was the point of interest but when I got there I could see it was missing at least part of the gaurd. Also,  if anyone has pics of the original fence and how the hardware goes I'd appreciate it...anyway, pics..... and a video. 

First the BS...tgen the other pics. All in all I got a  a Rockwell 10 TS,  a K Line Planer, a Delta benchtop  and the Delta 14 inch B.S..  the TS needs a cleaning for sure. Also, there is a piece that isn't there that keeps the blade from being cranked up too high. I am not real sure what, the planer is a project...duhh.... it it does run...
https://youtu.be/3bnevvfyQYo

Also, the benchtop BS....dud I think. It turns on but doesn't turn...just hums. 

Any advise on the TS or the 14 inch BS would be greatly appreciated.

No clue what I am gonna do with that planer.

Attached Files Image(s)

"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Here is a pic of where i am missing the guard. Any clue exactly what that piece or pieces are called?

Attached Files Image(s)

That's a good planer. Lots of info on OWWM. There's one guys whose an expert on them.
Don
(09-09-2017, 04:10 PM)Scott W Wrote: Any advise on the TS or the 14 inch BS would be greatly appreciated.

My advise on the bandsaw.

[Image: KMS7200-PrecisionBandSawFence-MainCOB.jpg]

Kreg fence.  Get the micro adjuster too.  For me it made a big difference.  I also got the resaw attachment for the fence.  I used it a couple of times at first, but the fence is so easy to adjust for drift that I just use the fence.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(09-09-2017, 04:31 PM)Scott W Wrote: Here is a pic of where i am missing the guard. Any clue exactly what that piece or pieces are called?

The missing piece is a blade guard. Usually just a shallow U shaped piece of light gauge metal. There should be two or more tapped holes in the blade guide shaft assembly. The blade guard screws into these holes .Make your own, Delta parts need a second mortage for a $2.00 part Remove the blade, turn motor on, see if it turns now. Could be something simple as a capacitor gone bad or something binding . 
If you still have problems with the motor, remove it and try it on a bench. Worth having it rewound if needed.
This is a good bandsaw, worth the trouble to get it in top shape. Looking at the pics I suspect the roller bearing might be froze up. Looks rusty to my eye. Replace both upper and lower thrust ( roller ) bearings if needed. 
Check the cool blocks too. If they are too tight against the blade  it will bind and the motor can't run. These bearings can be bought at any supplier , Delta will charge you a lot more. Google "Power Train  Supplier" and your zip code, should be at least one supplier in your area.
Mike
(09-09-2017, 04:38 PM)DFJarvie Wrote: That's a good planer. Lots of info on OWWM. There's one guys whose an expert on them.

DFJarvie, I don't doubt that it is. My time, however, limits  me. I saw it and drive home with delusions of grandeur as to what  I can do with it. 

If I keep it, I'll put it aside and maybe one day get it going....then there's the space.

I guess it needs to go.
(09-09-2017, 05:18 PM)Cecil Wrote: My advise on the bandsaw.

[Image: KMS7200-PrecisionBandSawFence-MainCOB.jpg]

Kreg fence.  Get the micro adjuster too.  For me it made a big difference.  I also got the resaw attachment for the fence.  I used it a couple of times at first, but the fence is so easy to adjust for drift that I just use the fence.

Cecil, I may just do that. Id prefer to use the original but I clearly don't have all the parts/hardware. If i have to buy stuff I may as well but a new ready to bolt one.
(09-09-2017, 06:14 PM)mike4244 Wrote: The missing piece is a blade guard. Usually just a shallow U shaped piece of light gauge metal. There should be two or more tapped holes in the blade guide shaft assembly. The blade guard screws into these holes .Make your own, Delta parts need a second mortage for a $2.00 part Remove the blade, turn motor on, see if it turns now. Could be something simple as a capacitor gone bad or something binding . 
If you still have problems with the motor, remove it and try it on a bench. Worth having it rewound if needed.
This is a good bandsaw, worth the trouble to get it in top shape. Looking at the pics I suspect the roller bearing might be froze up. Looks rusty to my eye. Replace both upper and lower thrust ( roller ) bearings if needed. 
Check the cool blocks too. If they are too tight against the blade  it will bind and the motor can't run. These bearings can be bought at any supplier , Delta will charge you a lot more. Google "Power Train  Supplier" and your zip code, should be at least one supplier in your area.
Mike
Mike, just to be clear, the little benchtop does work, the big one runs smooth. I just need a guard huh? I NEVER WOULD have thought about making one. Good idea. 

I googled the power train supplier and got car parts. Any other good places to get bearings.?
I think I figured out a problem with the table saw. When when you raise the blade up all the way it comes up too far and the pulley for the saw blade rubs on the casting of the table as shown in one of the pictures. I have a  ballpoint pen pointing at an area that looks like maybe it's missing something. Is there a stop collar or some sort of nut that I've missed or that fell off somehow some way?

I guess I could epoxy something in the casting of  the table to prevent it from being raised too high but I don't want that if I can help it.

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-09-2017, 08:21 PM)Scott W Wrote: Mike, just to be clear, the little benchtop does work, the big one runs smooth. I just need a guard huh? I NEVER WOULD have thought about making one. Good idea. 

I googled the power train supplier and got car parts. Any other good places to get bearings.?

Scott, google bearing suppliers and you will find many online supply houses. 
mike