Question
(09-10-2017, 08:23 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Anyone here subscribe to "Wood" magazine?  I don't believe I've ever picked up a copy and I got a mailer, offering me three years for $24.00.  Is it a monthly?  Who is it geared to?  Beginners?  Advanced?  Toolies? Projects?

Thanks!

T.Z.

I've been a subscriber for a few years and the projects they offer are a better fit for my skills and interests than some of the other mags.  I'm a longtime hobbiest/DIY'er and don't have the passion or motivation to build 17th century reproductions.  And I'm quite content with that.  WOOD fits the bill for me.  I haven't made a lot of their projects, but several are on my "To Do" list for someday.  The few I have built are in my daughters' houses and will likely outlive me, so that makes me happy.  I would consider it primarily a power tool oriented magazine, but they do occasionally have an article on hand tools.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I like the construction toy plans they do/have done in the past. I buy it when its a year for $5. I am into 2019 at this point.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have a weird experience with wood magazine. I have subscribed a few times, and while I am subscribed I never get a copy, so I tend to forget I have paid for it. Then out of the blue I get one, with all kinds of paperwork telling me it is my last copy. Then I continue getting them for 4 or 5 years with occasional statements, this is it, last copy............. I think every time I've gone for the 3 years for XXXX, and end up getting more then that.

All that said, I don't think it's a very good magazine. Tops is FWW, used to be Woodworking by Pop woodworking, but they ash canned that. The rest aren't too good. ShopNotes was great, but Woodsmith not so much, of course they dropped ShopNotes.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I'm glad everyone doesn't start their post with "Question".

They would all read; "Question".