sch 40 drain pipe
I am replacing the clogged corrugated rain gutter drain pipes with sch 40 PVC.  One of the areas will have a car parked on (Nissan Sentra).  I have been searching the internet had have gotten lots of differing advice.  So I have a few questions.  What kind of gravel would I use for the bedding? Do I cover the pipe in Gravel and if so how deep?  How deep does the trench have to be to safely park on it?  Thanks in advance
Thanks for the reminder I am off to Ewing supply I need to get some of this for a project
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Looking to use this in the perforated version to get the water out of a backyard that is lower than the those around it.  I couldn't find the thicker product I had seen in the past.  

http://www.jmeagle.com/plumbing/solvent-...ewer-drain

[Image: plumbing_sewerDrain.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(09-12-2017, 01:35 PM)thooks Wrote: I would use Schedule 80 to start with.  $15 more....  At least Schedule 80 under any driveway/etc....

12" deep is going to suffice.  What you want is undisturbed earth forming your trench.  IOW, don't dig and backfill.  I would bed the piping in sand, then gravel (#57 stone or G.A.B. .... your rock quarry will know what both of these are) and back fill with that.  I'd put down 4" lifts and compact as best I could.  Water helps.  Leave it for a couple of days and put some water on it each day.  Tamp it again and see if it needs additional topping.

Over-doing it?  Maybe but is it over-doing it if it never fails??

If you can find/get sch 80, use it......very hard to find here.

IMHO, shouldn't be a problem using sch 40, wouldn't used s&d that shallow.

Ed
Schedule 40 and schedule 80 pvc have the same OD, so you can use the heavier stuff under the driveway even with lighter fittings.  So all you need is to wave cash and buy full lengths of pipe at your local unfriendly plumbing supply house.  Assuming none of the less-unfriendly outlets don't have it.

And I agree with Terre that the heavier wall pipe is a better way to go, nestled softly in a sand bedding with crushed stone fill so it doesn't move with tire traffic.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(09-12-2017, 10:39 AM)wannabedivin Wrote: I am replacing the clogged corrugated rain gutter drain pipes with sch 40 PVC.  One of the areas will have a car parked on (Nissan Sentra).  I have been searching the internet had have gotten lots of differing advice.  So I have a few questions.  What kind of gravel would I use for the bedding? Do I cover the pipe in Gravel and if so how deep?  How deep does the trench have to be to safely park on it?  Thanks in advance

If you list where you are at there is a good chance we can point you to a supplier.  Ewing Irrigation is a national company and seem to like to sell stuff to anybody willing to pay for it.  Ferguson also seems to be similar if you are carrying cash

Phil Thien

(09-13-2017, 09:56 AM)Bob10 Wrote: If you list where you are at there is a good chance we can point you to a supplier.  Ewing Irrigation is a national company and seem to like to sell stuff to anybody willing to pay for it.  Ferguson also seems to be similar if you are carrying cash

Bremerton WA.  Most of my project is going through the garden and places not being driven over.  I have one spot where I occasionally drive my truck when doing back yard work, and I have one spot where the kid parks her car.  The rest of it is in places on no weight
(09-13-2017, 10:17 AM)wannabedivin Wrote: Bremerton WA.  Most of my project is going through the garden and places not being driven over.  I have one spot where I occasionally drive my truck when doing back yard work, and I have one spot where the kid parks her car.  The rest of it is in places on no weight

https://www.rosenplumbing.com/OurLocations.htm

https://www.yellowpages.com/bremerton-wa...ing-supply

Phil Thien

(09-12-2017, 10:39 AM)wannabedivin Wrote: I am replacing the clogged corrugated rain gutter drain pipes with sch 40 PVC.  One of the areas will have a car parked on (Nissan Sentra).  I have been searching the internet had have gotten lots of differing advice.  So I have a few questions.  What kind of gravel would I use for the bedding? Do I cover the pipe in Gravel and if so how deep?  How deep does the trench have to be to safely park on it?  Thanks in advance

Which state are you in ?  If you are in the snow belt, you should run your conduit below the frost line (typically 3ft, in the midwest).  Schedule 40 is OK for communication cables (which I did a lot of, in many parts of the US, for work), but Schedule 80 is what you would need if you buried it under a driveway.  I would very strongly suggest putting in a Schedule 80 sleeve under the driveway and then running your conduit inside that.  That way, if you need to change your conduit at any time, you can do it without disrupting the driveway or indulging in (very expensive) directional boring.  I would also suggest you lay one or two extra Schedule 80 sleeves under the driveway to run other stuff through, in the future (e.g., garden sprinkler pipes, landscaping power cables etc).

If you are not in the snow belt, I would suggest a depth of about 18", to be safe.  Sand followed by gravel, followed by earth would be the way to go.
Don't forget to paint the exposed pipe. The sun will deteriorate it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay