plywood panels and glue
Veneered plywood construction is extremely common on yacht cabinetry. Been doing it this way for decades without a problem using WEST epoxy for glue.
Wood is good. 
Going to disagree with glue. At least modify it to only one stile.

Plywood is stable and won't move, or at least minimally.

Your frame pieces being solid will move. Probably not much, but you have grain going 2 ways, and want corners to stay tight, so you don't want movement,

Glue permanately affixes so you can inhibit movement, this is where problems start.

The use of Space Balls, or even dabs of caulk allowed to dry will keep the ply from sliding,and firm the entire assembly.

Check the link.

https://www.finewoodworking.com/FWNPDFfr...193042.pdf
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I always use spaceballs in every panel, whether it be ply or wood panel.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

[Image: 21687900_10212114890522521_3655899693212...e=5A3F330B]

This is a full sheet of 4'x8'x3/4" oak plywood that is housed in a solid cherry frame.  I glued everything up solid and so far after what has to be at least 5-6 years, since I made, not a single thing has moved. 

Bob
(09-13-2017, 08:26 PM)vernonls Wrote: I frequently build projects which use plywood cut to fit in dado slots so that the plywood is surrounded by rails on the top and bottom and stiles on the sides. In the past I have always been careful not to glue the plywood into the slots, but I am wondering if it is really necessary to not use glue to secure the plywood in the slots.  Typically it would be 1/4 inch plywood inserted into a 1/4 slot and might be anywhere from a 10x10 panel to an 18x20 inch panel.

I know that wood moves and if it was a glued up panel I was inserting I believe my caution would be necessary, but I am wondering if that is really the case since the plywood is not subject to much expansion/contraction due to weather/humidity/temperature.

What do other woodworkers think? 

Vern
Confused

I agree with all those who said yes.  I've done it for years and never had a problem.  The plywood does not prevent expansion/contraction of the solid wood because the glue line is along the long grain. 

John
(09-20-2017, 06:19 PM)bobs64ford352 Wrote: [Image: 21687900_10212114890522521_3655899693212...e=5A3F330B]

This is a full sheet of 4'x8'x3/4" oak plywood that is housed in a solid cherry frame.  I glued everything up solid and so far after what has to be at least 5-6 years, since I made, not a single thing has moved. 

Bob

This photo stuff is certainly confusing to me. I've had a few that look like what I see in your post (a postage stamp) then when i quote it and type this, I see the pic and the padlocks...I'm wondering what I'll see when I hit the "post reply" button. Are you using Google Photos? That's the one I was using when I had the problem.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-21-2017, 05:43 AM)fredhargis Wrote: This photo stuff is certainly confusing to me. I've had a few that look like what I see in your post (a postage stamp) then when i quote it and type this, I see the pic and the padlocks...I'm wondering what I'll see when I hit the "post reply" button. Are you using Google Photos? That's the one I was using when I had the problem.

Fred, I use Google Photos and it works very well IF you make sure to put the photos into a Shared Album and you use "Copy Image Location" as the string you paste here in the URL box after you click the photo icon.

John
For those having difficulty posting photos, Postimage is very simple and easy to use.
https://postimg.org
Wood is good. 
I'm getting things ready for a project that uses 1/4" bead board. It's going to be barn wood framework, with the bead board fit into dadoes. I'm not concerned with the barn wood movement, but I am with the bead board, as it is lumberyard material. I have it in the shop now "acclimating". Is there a chance this could warp, or expand? Our climate here in Kansas is dry, to say the least.
Sawdust703
Smile

head sawdust maker
Raised
(09-21-2017, 05:43 AM)fredhargis Wrote: This photo stuff is certainly confusing to me. I've had a few that look like what I see in your post (a postage stamp) then when i quote it and type this, I see the pic and the padlocks...I'm wondering what I'll see when I hit the "post reply" button. Are you using Google Photos? That's the one I was using when I had the problem.

I posted it from facebook.  It was showing on my screen when I hit post, but didn't check after.

Usually pics work for me, the only other issue I've had is a sizing problem with the new system.  I had to keep shrinking the photo size to get it to show in the post.

Bob