Here is some of Arlins work space with attached Garage
Looks like the work is progressing nicely, Arlin!
Yes

I love watching a shop come together...
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(11-19-2017, 06:21 PM)efmrrt Wrote: Arlin,

Congrads on the new shop.  I agree, I would not have them build anything for me either. In one of the pictures on you second post, it looks as if the beams for the over hang are laminated 2x's? Or are the solid beams and its just the way the photo looks? Another question is just to the left of the service door, the beams seam to be close together with a large gap in the middle. Are you planning to put an overhead door there in the future? How far from you house is your shop?

With the exception of the tin siding and overhang it looks pretty good. Where I live, the first snowstorm or two that overhang would be on the ground and if not there would be a good size ice dam and a waterfall wall. The overhang has a very low pitch.

I hear you on the contractors - there is a serious lack of skilled labor in this country, and a population of people that do not want to work. For the last two years I have tried to hire contractors to do specific jobs metal roof and repair the asphalt driveway. After four months last year and numerous phone calls, posts on their Facebook page and a long negative review on Google, they finally finished the roof the 2nd week in December 2016. The contractor was to have the driveway done the 2 week of August this year and still trying to get him to show up or any contractor for that fact. It's getting to the point that will won't be done this year as the asphalt plants are closing down for the year.

They are 3 2x6's nailed together through out the shed.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
My shop with a added garage on the side which is not insulated is done.  Everything is moved over.  I still have a lot of things to put away in its own spots which I have been working on for a few weeks but still have another two weeks to go.

So there is a picture of the garage which my brother in law will park his truck and has some of my stuff in there and front porch where other things were disassembled from the other garage.

[attachment=8233]

[attachment=8234]

and the shop

[attachment=8235]

[attachment=8236]

[attachment=8238]

[attachment=8239]

[attachment=8240]

I will post a few more when I am done putting things away
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Looks like the organization is coming along nicely Arlin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-15-2018, 07:44 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Looks like the organization is coming along nicely Arlin

Thanks

In the summer I still need to put a finish on the door between the shop and the garage which will be clear shellac and will hopefully get a few more units like the brown ones in picture 3 by the lathe and picture 6 under the green wall cabinets.  I think then I will be set for storage and just need a few more specific tools and the shop is totally furnished.

I don't see a wood smoker/grill on the porch, with a stack of hickory smoking wood.
Raised
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-18-2018, 06:16 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I don't see a wood smoker/grill on the porch, with a stack of hickory smoking wood.
Raised

You are right.  You know I have not grilled out about a year before I was hurt.  My wife sold it or gave it to my son in law since I knew I would not be able to use it for quite awhile.  It would have been a real pain to sit out there the whole time in a wheel chair and I just was not up to it anyway.
So wood scraps that are not worth anything go for kindling in the wood stove.

Arlin
Nice looking shop and garage.Sounds like you have one fantastic wife,doing drywall and other chores.I think you owe her a nice romantic dinner.Congratulations and keep the pics coming.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(02-20-2018, 07:57 AM)chips ahoy Wrote: Arlin
   Nice looking shop and garage.Sounds like you have one fantastic wife,doing drywall and other chores.I think you owe her a nice romantic dinner.Congratulations and keep the pics coming.

Mel

Mel

She is the best thing that ever happened to me and then my daughters and my grandchildren.  Of course God is first in my life.
When we built our house she did all the taping and painting I did all the rest except Concrete and Septic and Well and  I did everything else.  My Sweetheart can do a lot of things including killing her own bugs and spiders.
Big Grin  Of course I had to help her with the last part in showing a lack of enthusiasm of getting up to do it and showing her how.  Now all it takes is half a roll of toilet paper to kill a spider. 
Laugh

[Image: facebook-like-icon.png?w=400]

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)