Here is some of Arlins work space with attached Garage
(11-01-2017, 05:28 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Ugh. Leaky roof?
Whats wrong with the 6x6 in front?

Do you mean the ones holding up the porch?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Odd, to me anyway, that they did the slab after finishing the framing, sheet metal, & roof.  I would've done the slab after the poles and before the ridge & rafters..
(11-01-2017, 10:01 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Do you mean the ones holding up the porch?

Yes. You mentioned one was wrong
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-02-2017, 10:36 AM)RKMBrown© Wrote: Odd, to me anyway, that they did the slab after finishing the framing, sheet metal, & roof.  I would've done the slab after the poles and before the ridge & rafters..

That's the way they build pole barn structures here and it always confused me too. I don't know the reason but I'm guessing that there is one. Maybe some pole barn guru can come in and enlighten us.
(11-01-2017, 01:32 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I know I will never use QSI to build anything again.  The vice president is now coming over to see how bad everything is put together in a very sloppy way.  They are going to have to replace some of the siding some of the roofing (It leaks like a stuck pig) and all the metal under the awning. 

This was first to be started in July 17 and now it is Nov and it is still weeks from being done.  The vice president is coming over tomorrow and he is going to get an ear full

did QSI do the actual building or did a contractor build a QSI pole barn? my guess is the roof leak is where the porch roof meets? or did screws not get screwed down properly?  whats up with the metal under the awning? and the siding and roofing?
sure hope it all gets straightened out.
AND the crew cleans up that 'crete slop on the siding- not acceptable to me.
(11-02-2017, 11:42 AM)Dave Diaman Wrote: That's the way they build pole barn structures here and it always confused me too. I don't know the reason but I'm guessing that there is one. Maybe some pole barn guru can come in and enlighten us.

The main reason I can see it is that rain/inclement weather becomes less of a bother...The basement slab at a local pre-engineered home was placed after the house was in place, and concrete was chuted in thru the 16" x 32" hopper windows...
(11-02-2017, 10:43 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes. You mentioned one was wrong

I think I made an error if I said something about the post.  I think I was talking about how the metal around the post was not done properly.

(11-02-2017, 11:42 AM)Dave Diaman Wrote: That's the way they build pole barn structures here and it always confused me too. I don't know the reason but I'm guessing that there is one. Maybe some pole barn guru can come in and enlighten us.

Yep it is the pole barn way of putting up the structure and filling everything around the poles.

The company exec came out this morning and has a new crew fixing everything and hope it is done today but for the new concrete that was done improperly.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

My wife was just now told they are not going to do the blown in fiberglass insulation in the ceilings now and will take the price off of what we owe.

This company will never cease to amaze me on how bad their work and work ethic is.
No

(11-02-2017, 01:39 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: My wife was just now told they are not going to do the blown in fiberglass insulation in the ceilings now and will take the price off of what we owe.

This company will never cease to amaze me on how bad their work and work ethic is.
No

Arlin, if you go to Home Depot and buy a minimum number of bats of insulation they should rent you the machine to blow it in for free. At least that is the way it was last time I did it. I would imaging you would fall in that window for the free rental with a roughly 1000 sf area. Then it is just a matter of having someone feed the insulation into the machine and another person stand on a ladder and direct the hose. A case of beer and a few friends should make short work of it and you can spend the money you saved on something else for the shop. One thing I found out in the military was there are few things that you cant get done with a few buddies and a case of beer
Big Grin
(11-02-2017, 02:51 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: Arlin, if you go to Home Depot and buy a minimum number of bats of insulation they should rent you the machine to blow it in for free. At least that is the way it was last time I did it. I would imaging you would fall in that window for the free rental with a roughly 1000 sf area. Then it is just a matter of having someone feed the insulation into the machine and another person stand on a ladder and direct the hose. A case of beer and a few friends should make short work of it and you can spend the money you saved on something else for the shop. One thing I found out in the military was there are few things that you cant get done with a few buddies and a case of beer
Big Grin

Well they said they are done and it is perfect.  We shall see anyway.

We priced the R19 and I was going to do it a little at a time but my wife called a guy who would do the whole thing and only $100 more then the cost of the R19, so maybe we will ask him to blow in the insulation to.
Yes