Another Sweetheart tool
I was cleaning up this family tool for my son today and noticed a special logo stamped on it.

[Image: DSCN3892.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3893.jpg]

It is a Stanley Sweetheart hammer! Pretty cool.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Very cool!
What is the cleanup going to consist of?
Amazing what is found during clean-ups! When I started accumulating vintage tools long, LONG ago, Stanley Sweethart was the hallmark I searched for.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(09-14-2017, 10:57 PM)wood-chips Wrote: Very cool!
What is the cleanup going to consist of?
This hammer has a story. It belonged to my wife's dad. One of her sons just moved into a new house and I thought he might like to have his granddaddy's hammer. Her three sons were very close to him and I am sure my son would appreciate the gesture. Interestingly, during the Sweetheart era (1921-1934) grandfather and his brothers ran a moonshine still in the hills of east Tennessee. Maybe this hammer was a part of that history.

So the cleanup was a gentle thing. I brushed off the rust and flicked off the white paint drops. Then I stamped granddaddy's name on the heel of the hammer.

[Image: DSCN3902.jpg]

The last thing was to give it all a healthy coat of Johnsons paste wax. And here is the result.

[Image: DSCN3904.jpg] 
 My goal was to save memories and make it look like it had just come out of granddaddy's tool box.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Nifty, and a good story to go with it.  I wonder if it drives the nails straighter?