Woodgears.ca power feeder
The cordless drill power feeder Mathias has designed and demonstrated in the molding video over at woodgears.ca this week is genius. And it is just a prototype.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
Agreed.  I would not have thought a cordless drill would have enough power.
(09-15-2017, 11:27 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: The cordless drill power feeder Mathias has designed and demonstrated in the molding video over at woodgears.ca this week is genius.  And it is just a prototype.

good thing he has stayed out of the way during all the operations I see issues galore starting with that  skate wheel. Even his video shows it skipping and spinning out.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(09-15-2017, 11:27 AM)Phil Thien Wrote: The cordless drill power feeder Mathias has designed and demonstrated in the molding video over at woodgears.ca this week is genius.  And it is just a prototype.

Less than genius to me.  A single skate wheel with no splitter and anti kickback pawls is just asking for trouble.  

Speaking of no guard or splitter on a TS, here's another example.  Maybe he just removed them for clarity. 

John
Geeze, it doesn't preclude using safety mechanisms, and it is only a prototype he is going to further develop.

Some of you guys are party poopers.
(09-15-2017, 03:41 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Geeze, it doesn't preclude using safety mechanisms, and it is only a prototype he is going to further develop.

Some of you guys are party poopers.

only when it comes to safety, some schmuck will see this and off to the races he will go. 

Too little thought about consequences is what injures people. 

I am happy to be a party pooper in this case.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(09-15-2017, 03:45 PM)JGrout Wrote: only when it comes to safety, some schmuck will see this and off to the races he will go. 

Too little thought about consequences is what injures people. 

I am happy to be a party pooper in this case.

So you think people should avoid watching reruns of the New Yankee Workshop?
(09-15-2017, 03:50 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: So you think people should avoid watching reruns of the New Yankee Workshop?

IDK 

did he do dangerous things 

Of course he did his mantra was do as I say not as I do. 

His entire premise on safety was fatally flawed.

A Shop Fox mini stock feeder costs $425.

This might seem like a lot, but a mini stock feeder can be mounted on a table saw to rip everything from 1/4" wide to 9 1/2" wide. A stock feeder also works well with a splitter on a saw, and is a great blade cover. It's small enough to be mounted on a plywood router table. It can be tilted to run one wheel on a router table, for running curved work against a rub bearing. It's worth it.
This is a great idea/adaptation. He has $20-$40 in parts (vs$425) and can be used with a splitter and anti kickback pawls. If some schmuck does something stupid, they were going to do it anyway. Seriously, if you are not using some type off protective devices on your TS it is the one off situation that will cause an accident. The consistency that this device would bring would probably be safer (to some extent).

Regardless, if you need a simple feed system for a one time project this is a fantastic adaptation and $425 is a lot.