Woodgears.ca power feeder
a power feeder could definitely increase the chances of kickback.  If the board is pushed backwards, there is a high likelihood it will not stay straight, and that's going to cause a kickback.

I used to have discussions with someone I worked with that I considered a safety nanny.  
Him: "that's dangerous, someone's going to get hurt."  
Me: "your scenario is unlikely, nobody is going to get hurt"  
Me:"we did it, no hint of a problem"
Him: " you were lucky"

OTOH, sometimes the safety nannies are right.
(09-17-2017, 10:42 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: And again, he was just testing out a prototype, which offered enough promise to make continuing development worthwhile.

Having read this thread in its entirety for the first time, and watching the two videos, I'll certainly give him points for creativity, but personally I'd never use such a Rube Goldberg contraption with a tablesaw or router table.  Much too much to go wrong, terribly wrong.  I'm with Joe, Steve and John here.

I also see a lot of youtube videos touting similarly creative solutions, or simply conveying incorrect or unsafe power tool technique, and the less experienced woodworkers out there who don't know any better think such demonstrations are the bee's knees.  That's the danger, as those who watch, and emulate, often  - don't know what they don't know - about working safely with power tools. The younger millennial crowd likely never had the opportunity of shop class in middle and high school, and the safety lessons that went along with it.

The money you save by DIY'ing up a whole lot of your own millwork is at least the $450 (delivered) for a proper light duty feeder (and you have the tool for future use), and its a whole lot cheaper than the ER visit, and the copay for digit reattachment (or worse) surgery.

But to each his own........
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(09-22-2017, 03:57 PM)Admiral Wrote: But to each his own........

Amen to that.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24