Router plate?
I an going to build a router table, but am trying to figure out what router plate (to hold the router in the table) to buy. I guess the requirements I have are flat and with inserts to accommodate different size bits (and remain flat). If it matters, I will be mounting a Hitachi MV12VC (if I remember correctly- the 2.23 HP model).

Any suggestions?

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
(09-15-2017, 06:40 PM)PedroOhare Wrote: I an going to build a router table, but am trying to figure out what router plate (to hold the router in the table) to buy. I guess the requirements I have are flat and with inserts to accommodate different size bits (and remain flat). If it matters, I will be mounting a Hitachi MV12VC (if I remember correctly- the 2.23 HP model).

Any suggestions?

Pedro

I just installed this one for a client  we were both impressed with it 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

That looks like what I want, but the Hitachi isn't listed as an option. I suppose I could ask them to not drill for mounting the router, but that is taking a bit of risk and might void any warranty. I will see what else comes up as an option.

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
+1 on the Woodpecker one.

Mine is mounted in the wing of my table saw:

[Image: 103_22420-051.jpg]

Works well.
chris
I've used the Jessem plate and have been happy with them.
(09-16-2017, 09:30 AM)doobes Wrote: +1 on the Woodpecker one.

+ another 1. I have the older gold colored one, loaded with a Milwaukee 5625. I couldn't be happier.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I have the original Wood Peckers lift with the old big variable speed PC router, and it's been a flawless combination for I don't know how many years now.   They were the original, and the best, in my book. 

[Image: WoodPeckers-L.jpg]
I've been happy with my Bench Dog router table items, and there is a plate listed on eBay right now that might fit the bill:

Bench Dog Pro Plate
I had the Incra plate http://www.incra.com/router_system_accessories-mlp.html in my table until I installed their Mast-R-LiftII setup. I really like the metal throat plates and I went with their Clean Sweep system, with the corresponding throat plates, when I went with the lift. System works great and I highly recommend it.
Earl
Pedro
the wood pecker one Joe linked to is available undrilled just put it the cart and look at the options
that is a very nice plate